FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 843 of 920 FirstFirst ... 343 743 793 833 841 842 843 844 845 853 893 ... LastLast
Results 8,421 to 8,430 of 9199

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5625

I relocated the wiring harness from above the intake to below the metering unit so I could install the new throttle covers.

04212338-41F9-4BDD-ADAD-A64D1C4C6500.jpg
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    Thanks Victor. Sadly, there's not. I tried a bunch of solvents before realizing that none of them worked - at all! Don't waste your time. The only thing that worked was a bunch of small craft/sculpting tools to literally scrape the sealant off flake by flake. Weeks and weeks of scraping to get rid of every last bit! I then sanded the metal and finished with a 3M blending pad to get it as nice as possible for refinishing.

Cheers guys!
    I fear I'm going down at least a little of this path. Just trying to reglue a trunk seal right now, and the effort is mainly elbow grease. But there's a bunch of places where the sealant is a mess - I don't know if it's factory or later restoration. But I'm interested to know what tools you found most useful? I've had a little luck with a dremel and wire wheel attachment, but that's not going to work everywhere.

My VIN:    03572

I got the 10 hog rings into the head rest bars. I had to use long nose pliers for those. First one took forever but it gets a little easier after the first. This is more work than I thought. I would defiantly find a place that does seat covers and pay to have it done if I had not started. I assume I should stretch the bottom end on first before doing the center "bars".
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I got the 10 hog rings into the head rest bars. I had to use long nose pliers for those. First one took forever but it gets a little easier after the first. This is more work than I thought. I would defiantly find a place that does seat covers and pay to have it done if I had not started. I assume I should stretch the bottom end on first before doing the center "bars".
    Yeah. That's what I did. It was clearly going to be a ton of effort. Taking the rings off is easy but replacing them wasn't a skill I needed to learn. I paid $125 to have my seat restitched and reattached. Well spent. The only thing I haven't done myself to date.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    It's a little late for you, but zip-ties would have been your friend for this step.
    Thread the zip tie from the back of the head rest bar loop, through the seat skin "tab", and then back/around the head rest bar loop back into the zip tie. Thread all of them in place, then tighten them together, pulling the tab back towards the bar loop. Then continue the rest of the installation with hog rings.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    It's a little late for you, but zip-ties would have been your friend for this step.
    Thread the zip tie from the back of the head rest bar loop, through the seat skin "tab", and then back/around the head rest bar loop back into the zip tie. Thread all of them in place, then tighten them together, pulling the tab back towards the bar loop. Then continue the rest of the installation with hog rings.
    The long nose pliers work pretty good for area that you can't get the larger and shorter hog ring pliers into.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    I relocated the wiring harness from above the intake to below the metering unit so I could install the new throttle covers.

04212338-41F9-4BDD-ADAD-A64D1C4C6500.jpg
    Those covers are just what my car needs.

Junior Member LimitedRunDouglas's Avatar

My VIN:    16677

Just put in the rear LED lights and a new rear harness!

Trying to figure out how to do the sidelights now and I want to change my headlights to LEDs but not sure what to buy...
    Proud Owner of 16677

Twitter: @limitedrundoug

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I got my headlights on amazon

The LED's...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Housings with halos
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Toby at Delorean NW also sells an LED replacement set.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Ah, "California" and "SMOG". Two dreaded words depending on where you live in America.

My last ever smog test is done. The anxiety attack is over forever as my car will be traveling with me to Scotland next year, where the car will be exempt from MOTs from the end of 2021.

Great to go out with some solid numbers. "NO" being a huge improvement from 2018. Might be my new injectors and properly adjusted Dwell. Who knows. Either way, I'll take it.

Happy days…

DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

Page 843 of 920 FirstFirst ... 343 743 793 833 841 842 843 844 845 853 893 ... LastLast