FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 685 of 920 FirstFirst ... 185 585 635 675 683 684 685 686 687 695 735 785 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,850 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Worked on my best friends DeLorean 10842. Changed his oil, installed all new speakers, added Dave McKeens LED Hvac green led board, new fan fused relay and fixed his idle issue by changing out his old idle speed motor then hung out with another DeLorean owner of 3236.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

finally got around to swapping the dash bulbs to LED. come to find out whatever 3rd party fuel sender i have though requires the low fuel bulb to remain incandescent (similar to the bat bulb) due to resistance of the bulb for some reason. other than that issue, everything else (binnacle removal, etc) went smoothly. took the driver seat out just to make getting under the dash easier.

Photo Sep 28, 2 37 23 PM.jpg Photo Sep 28, 2 37 33 PM.jpg Photo Sep 28, 3 10 09 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 28, 8 36 32 PM.jpg Photo Sep 28, 8 36 39 PM.jpg

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I'll prolly swap mine over to led while i have the instruments and binnacle out too...looks nice
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    finally got around to swapping the dash bulbs to LED. come to find out whatever 3rd party fuel sender i have though requires the low fuel bulb to remain incandescent (similar to the bat bulb) due to resistance of the bulb for some reason. other than that issue, everything else (binnacle removal, etc) went smoothly. took the driver seat out just to make getting under the dash easier.

Photo Sep 28, 2 37 23 PM.jpg Photo Sep 28, 2 37 33 PM.jpg Photo Sep 28, 3 10 09 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 28, 8 36 32 PM.jpg Photo Sep 28, 8 36 39 PM.jpg
    Come to think of it, I don't think my low fuel light has come one once since I swapped to LEDs a few years back. I bet I have a similar issue and would need to swap back in an incandescent to have it work again. Strange, but not a huge deal. I'll add that to my long to-do list.
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I gave my car a hug. And I started clearing room in my garage for my LS4 swap.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Revived the reverse lights -

Short version: Bad connection at reverse light switch, easily fixed.

Last weekend a buddy pointed out that the both reverse lights were dead. Went after it today. Did not suspect the bulbs or the light boards since both lamps were out.

First, verified that Fuse 16 wasn't blown. I had cleaned all of the fuse blades a few months ago, so no question of good fuse contact.

Next, using a 12V test lamp, verified power was OK to the reverse light switch wire at the (red) bulkhead fitting with ignition ON.

After this I checked the reverse light switch connections. Pulled both of the female connectors off it. Used 100grit sandpaper to the switch's male terminals to brighten them up hoping not to need a new switch. With the switch connectors back in place the reverse lamps were both back in action.

Problem solved.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    10588

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Next, using a 12V test lamp, verified power was OK to the reverse light switch wire at the (red) bulkhead fitting with ignition ON.

After this I checked the reverse light switch connections. Pulled both of the female connectors off it. Used 100grit sandpaper to the switch's male terminals to brighten them up hoping not to need a new switch. With the switch connectors back in place the reverse lamps were both back in action.

Problem solved.
    Were the female connections you cleaned with 100grit sandpaper located at the bulkhead connector by the coil? where is this switch located?
    -Luigi-
    Thank you ALL for your patience and your tremendous help!

1982 VIN#10588 Build Date Dec '81

My VIN:    0934

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearbacon View Post
    Were the female connections you cleaned with 100grit sandpaper located at the bulkhead connector by the coil? where is this switch located?
    Thanks for asking, Luigi.

The cleaning was done at the switch itself. Find it on the driver side of the gearbox, more or less centered along that side - the only thing there with wires on it. The rear of the car was up on ramps for this job.

I cleaned the male terminals on the switch without removing it from the transmission. Did nothing to the female connectors there, both of which have the typical DeLorean square black plastic shrouds over them. For all I know just pulling the connectors off and pushing them back onto the terminals again (to freshen up the connection) might have worked. And finer sandpaper would have worked, too. 100 is what I had handy at the time.

I had sanded my bulkhead connectors about 5 yrs ago as a preventive measure: only did the rev. light testing at that point this time.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearbacon View Post
    Switch is located on the drivers side of the transmission. The connectors are in the engine compartment by the switch for the engine compartment light

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I received a BIG package of top-end rebuild parts for my LS4 swap. Head gaskets, lifters, DoD delete parts, robust timing chain, push rods & springs, cam, etc.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Page 685 of 920 FirstFirst ... 185 585 635 675 683 684 685 686 687 695 735 785 ... LastLast