FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 342 of 920 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 392 442 842 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

+1. Awesome video David.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan S. View Post
    +1. Awesome video David.
    +2!
    I Loved the part on Lombard street. It reminded me of a bit Bill Cosby did about driving in San Francisco.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    05457

Thanks guys! So glad you enjoyed it! We had a blast last weekend.
    David Proehl

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Again a day late:

Went to my first TechSession of the Pacific Northwest Delorean Club (PDNC). What an awesome crowd! It has been a great day at Gary's house and the tips and help provided has beeb outstanding.

Seeing 9 Delorean around was an exciting view.

IMG_0434.jpgIMG_0435.jpgIMG_0437.jpgIMG_0440.jpgIMG_0441.jpgIMG_0443.jpg

Tasks completed:
    - replaced wiper blades and one wiper arm to reset wiper rest position
    - reused one wiper arm, which turned out not to be a great idea (the rainy weather on the way back showed me that the old arm is now jumping on the windshield and causes dirt marks)
    - readjusted driver side torsion bar by a notch (Thank you Toby (a.k.a. the master - DMC NW)
    - had a walk through of the car with Toby determining the next steps to make VIN 3922 a non-leaking, awesome daily driver
    - had a ton of coffee!

Thanks Gary for opening your house, shop and providing coffee, tools and great advice and stories! And thanks to all the great people there to make me feel welcome!
    Last edited by vps3922; 04-06-2014 at 05:16 PM.

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

Installed the last of my new brake hoses and pressure tested it with air at 10psi... No leaks!
    Time to fill and bleed the system

- cleaned windshield
    - tested Costco Michelin 20" windshield wipers and current windshield arm settings
    - swapped driver's side and passenger's side windshield wiper arms to get good alignment with Michelin wipers
    - looking awesome and wipers are on sale for $8.50 CAN per blade. Will get a second pair!
    - troubleshooted why dome lights do not turn off when closing doors
    - determined that it must be the delay relay based on the circuit plan
    - have LEDs installed and knew that the dimmer module will not work with them but did not know how this "will not work" does look like
    - took the dimmer relay off and voila: it is working fine! Will need to get a dimmer relay from Dave (Bitsyncmaster), if I wish to get dimmer capability.

Noticed that the passenger side door is sticking on the rear latch again. Damn! Lock and latch procedure again! And it must happen on the door that I did the procedure on while the driver side door that Dave (sdg3205) worked on is still fine. Well, I need to learn it anyway.

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by vps3922 View Post
    Noticed that the passenger side door is sticking on the rear latch again. Damn! Lock and latch procedure again! And it must happen on the door that I did the procedure on while the driver side door that Dave (sdg3205) worked on is still fine. Well, I need to learn it anyway.
    I've got to tackle my passenger door once and for all this season, too.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Quote Originally Posted by vps3922 View Post
    - cleaned windshield
    - tested Costco Michelin 20" windshield wipers and current windshield arm settings
    - swapped driver's side and passenger's side windshield wiper arms to get good alignment with Michelin wipers
    - looking awesome and wipers are on sale for $8.50 CAN per blade. Will get a second pair!
    - troubleshooted why dome lights do not turn off when closing doors
    - determined that it must be the delay relay based on the circuit plan
    - have LEDs installed and knew that the dimmer module will not work with them but did not know how this "will not work" does look like
    - took the dimmer relay off and voila: it is working fine! Will need to get a dimmer relay from Dave (Bitsyncmaster), if I wish to get dimmer capability.

Volker,

Try the procedure, but we may need to adjust your striker pins. The latch itself will move 1/4" in either direction if you loosen the big philips screws. Sometimes thats all you need.

Also, I have your washer bottle! Not sure when I'll see you next but you probably want to get it re-installed!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    03572

Pulled the front suspension apart to install new LCAs and new ball joints (upper and lower). Had to stop working on it until I get a spring compressor I ordered online.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Try the procedure, but we may need to adjust your striker pins. The latch itself will move 1/4" in either direction if you loosen the big philips screws. Sometimes thats all you need.
    Will do this in your shop or will have to buy the prying tool for the door.

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Also, I have your washer bottle! Not sure when I'll see you next but you probably want to get it re-installed!
    Yes, probably not this week though.

Page 342 of 920 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 392 442 842 ... LastLast