FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 782 of 920 FirstFirst ... 282 682 732 772 780 781 782 783 784 792 832 882 ... LastLast
Results 7,811 to 7,820 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Finally got my new exhaust ready.. gives a whole new dimension to the car and the joy of driving

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    Not what I did today, but what I did this week... My wife and I took 3294 on a 563 mile round trip mini vacation. Since we own a drive-in movie theatre that will be open 7 nights a week starting next Friday, it was our only time to get away with each other until after summer. We live just outside of Nashville, TN and took off to the mountains of northern Georgia for a couple of days. New aluminum radiator from DPI and cooling fans from DeloreanGo performed flawlessly.

Here is where we stayed at the lodge at Amicalola Falls State Park

Passed this sign along the side of the highway and could not NOT stop and take a picture with the car.

This is why my wife picked the lodge as our place to stay. The sunsets on the back porch and veranda of the lodge were just like this each night we were there.

Overall the car did great, and only scared me once as we were coming home on Interstate 24 climbing up Monteagle Mountain. Got stuck in a pack of semi trucks going about 30mph and the temperature gauge started climbing and we could get a whiff of antifreeze coming from somewhere. May have been shooting it out the overflow line behind us, but once we crossed over the mountain and headed back down the other side, everything cooled back down and never had another issue.
    We need more posts like this

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    We need more posts like this
    +1. Also, that's breathtaking scenery. Wow.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Yesterday my son and I cleaned her up and took her to a car show. Two trophies!AD2B98DF-ED9A-4DB2-B5BF-E0368ED05A80.jpg

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Yesterday my son and I cleaned her up and took her to a car show. Two trophies!AD2B98DF-ED9A-4DB2-B5BF-E0368ED05A80.jpg
    Very nice!
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    10353

Installed new waterpump, waiting 24 hrs for sealant to cure on backing plate before coolant. All new hoses are in, working on DPI fuel lines today.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    Not what I did today, but what I did this week... My wife and I took 3294 on a 563 mile round trip mini vacation. Since we own a drive-in movie theatre that will be open 7 nights a week starting next Friday, it was our only time to get away with each other until after summer. We live just outside of Nashville, TN and took off to the mountains of northern Georgia for a couple of days. New aluminum radiator from DPI and cooling fans from DeloreanGo performed flawlessly.

Here is where we stayed at the lodge at Amicalola Falls State Park

Passed this sign along the side of the highway and could not NOT stop and take a picture with the car.

This is why my wife picked the lodge as our place to stay. The sunsets on the back porch and veranda of the lodge were just like this each night we were there.

Overall the car did great, and only scared me once as we were coming home on Interstate 24 climbing up Monteagle Mountain. Got stuck in a pack of semi trucks going about 30mph and the temperature gauge started climbing and we could get a whiff of antifreeze coming from somewhere. May have been shooting it out the overflow line behind us, but once we crossed over the mountain and headed back down the other side, everything cooled back down and never had another issue.
    Wonderful. This is what it's all about. Nothing beats a DeLorean road trip.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    It's an NOS rear fascia - refinished to match my front. You're seeing 0 days of any engine heat so everything is as good as it gets there. I'm pretty sure that in another 30-40 years it won't look quite so perfect, but it should hold up well with limited Sunday drives.
    It does look AMAZING. I'm sure there's been talk here in the past about this but is there any solution to limit the heat in that area?
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    It does look AMAZING. I'm sure there's been talk here in the past about this but is there any solution to limit the heat in that area?
    Thanks!!!!

Other than the muffler heat shield (PN# 106931N) and the lower rear fascia support bracket (PN# 101764), I don't think there's much else you can do to limit heat against the fascia.

For the most part it's reasonably well protected. The top of the rear fascia with the light units and license plate bezel is mostly protected by the fiberglass support unit that it attaches to. The middle bumper is mostly protected by the impact absorber and muffler heat shield - and the lower area (with the 8 fascia holes) holes are protected by the fascia support bracket, which I imagine acts as a heat shield too.

Most of the heat is coming from the muffler and engine so if you're running a stock system it should be ok. Maybe some of the warping issues are coming from (hotter?) aftermarket mufflers and/or turbo systems that maybe generate more heat. My original fascia had minor warping which could have been caused by the previous owner's BAE Turbo system. Who knows, I'm really just guessing.
    Last edited by Col Bennett; 05-19-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    0934

Replaced the car's original rock screen and performed a thorough cleaning and touch-up of the components behind it.

The first step was the careful removal of the old rock screen, easily done since the air dam and the flexible duct behind it have plenty of give.

The condenser-area work involved scrubbing the duct on the left and right sides in front of the A/C condenser so it looked new as well as detailing the condenser. The first part of that detailing involved the use of a small hook-pick to remove the small stones and debris randomly stuck between the foil fins and then straightening a few bent fins. Next came a quick brush-down of the front of the condenser with soapy water followed by a rinse. After it dried I brushed flat black paint onto a half-dozen or so small spots on the condenser where the OE paint had chipped off of the condenser tubing or fins.

The replacement rock screen topped off the job. The car looks new again in that area.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Page 782 of 920 FirstFirst ... 282 682 732 772 780 781 782 783 784 792 832 882 ... LastLast