FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 775 of 920 FirstFirst ... 275 675 725 765 773 774 775 776 777 785 825 875 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,750 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

The pick-up on Friday. Wonderful work by Canepa in Scotts Valley. Just a shame about the meteor-sized dent in my bank balance.

DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

20190409_180721.jpg

After replacing a loose dustcap I decided to once again tackle my washer fluid leak. For over ten years it leaked and I never could figure out why and because the tank was such a PITA to get out and I never drove in the rain let alone use the washers, I just left it alone. Today I finally decided to tackle it again. Turns out the pump wasn't leaking at all, the line was crimped and set up. I guess the pressure kept blowing the line off the pump. I tried 4 or 5 times in the past and I never could figure out why the pump leaked. Even got a new pump for it IIRC. Anyway I cut the kinked line and put in a splice, and now my washers work for probably the first time since the car was rebuilt by DMCH.

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    20190409_180721.jpg

After replacing a loose dustcap I decided to once again tackle my washer fluid leak. For over ten years it leaked and I never could figure out why and because the tank was such a PITA to get out and I never drove in the rain let alone use the washers, I just left it alone. Today I finally decided to tackle it again. Turns out the pump wasn't leaking at all, the line was crimped and set up. I guess the pressure kept blowing the line off the pump. I tried 4 or 5 times in the past and I never could figure out why the pump leaked. Even got a new pump for it IIRC. Anyway I cut the kinked line and put in a splice, and now my washers work for probably the first time since the car was rebuilt by DMCH.
    I tried to fix mine, but the bolts were spinning in the rivnuts so I decided it wasn't worth it haha. I used to just clean the glass pretty often instead.

My VIN:    Between VINs

My leaks intermittently. I can drive it for days and then it will suddenly dump the entire reservoir all at once. Since I rarely drive it in sub-freezing weather I just fill it with water from time to time. I'll fix it someday when I'm working another project in that area.

My VIN:    10201

I did find someone that has a NOS tank available back in Alabama. One of the few times someone told me about someone having a bunch of parts that wasnt DMCH.

My VIN:    1596

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    The pick-up on Friday. Wonderful work by Canepa in Scotts Valley. Just a shame about the meteor-sized dent in my bank balance.
    They look beautiful. Was this just a respray or did you get all new bumpers? Do you mind saying what you paid? I have to get mine done.

Installed a new air intake to replace the old Rube Goldberg device. I discovered that the hose had a hole in it, so I was sucking in hot air right next to the engine block. Also, the two parts of the air filter container weren't clamped together properly, so it was also taking in hot air past the filter. The car seems to be more responsive now, especially to throttle from a stop.

IMG_7976.jpgIMG_7977.jpgIMG_7979.jpg

My VIN:    10287

Replaced my ripped CV boots, horrible messy ass job! Retaining rings and socket cap bolts are so much easier to work with than the OEM snap rings and hex head bolts
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Boxbot View Post
    They look beautiful. Was this just a respray or did you get all new bumpers? Do you mind saying what you paid? I have to get mine done.
    Thanks so much. The front fascia is original to the car but the rear is NOS as you can see from the missing license plate bracket jack nuts. The original rear on my car had v-minor heat warping - which always bugged me - so the NOS fascia not only fixed that completely, but also gave me a perfect color reference for the color match. The front was refinished and repainted and the rear (even though it was NOS) was also re-finished to ensure an exact match with the front. DMCH still have a few nice rear fascias in stock but most will have minor paint damage and scuffs on the bare urethane. James and the team hand-picked one that matched my expectations and I got Canepa to iron out all of the imperfections during the refinishing.

I'd rather not say what it cost as I kinda went above and beyond any sane budget with many rounds of paint matching and a refinishing standard that chewed lots of hours and dollars. I got a few quotes in the Bay Area (where labor is off-the-friggin-charts expensive) for around $1200 per fascia but based on what I've read on the forum, you could probably get them both done for as little as $500 per fascia or somewhere in-between if you shop around.

Considering it's the face and ass of your car, it's best to dig deep and do it properly with a reputable shop.

G-luck!
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

Replaced my original French made low note horn with a replacement from DPI. The horn now sounds "normal" and no longer like the car is in pain.
    Last edited by Boxbot; 04-11-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Page 775 of 920 FirstFirst ... 275 675 725 765 773 774 775 776 777 785 825 875 ... LastLast