FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 809 of 920 FirstFirst ... 309 709 759 799 807 808 809 810 811 819 859 909 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,090 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    If it doesnt have a name yet, I'm calling it the box of misery. Thankfully the other side doesn't have any visible peeling epoxy.

That's pretty damn clean looking if you ask me.

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    That's pretty damn clean looking if you ask me.
    Yeah overall its in pretty good condition. However, I'm tossing the towel now, found out it wouldnt be too expensive to get it sandblasted.

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Yeah overall its in pretty good condition. However, I'm tossing the towel now, found out it wouldnt be too expensive to get it sandblasted.
    Many years ago (before the internet :-) I had the frame sandblasted due to rust. The PO drove it year round in MN. What I found was that the epoxy was very hard to remove epoxy where it was still in good shape. The problem areas are where rocks chip it and flexing causes cracks. So I didn't remove all the epoxy ... only the problem areas. The area down the central tunnel was as nice as the day it was made. The trailing arms were swiss cheese ... and so were a few parts of the frame.

A lot more is known now than when I did it, but back then I had it zinc chromated and then powder coated. The first layer was a zinc rich epoxy. The second was the color coat ... and since he put on the wrong color (black), the third layer (gray) was added.

And it doesn't see snow/salt any more. I did drive it once in the snow before restoration. Good traction like a front wheeled car. Poor steering, much worse than a normal rear wheel drive, due to the light front end.

That is "What have you done to your DeLorean today ... a while back"
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    3937

I woke the car up from its mid-winter slumber. I had put it up on jack stands in October to look at an ATF leak and then got busy. Then winter arrived and figured that was the end of the season. Hadn't quite got around to adding some fuel stabilizer, but wanted to before Spring came and wished I had.

Engine fired right up and idled nice. Pretty clear where my ATF drip is coming from. The forward oil cooler hose. Lots of time to get that replaced before March/April. Just gotta figure out something with how cold it gets in the garage!

Also had picked-up a couple legit 'remove before flight' streamers too. Got them at an airplane supply place next door to a small airport near me. $8 each and grabbed right off the shelf. No shipping or other nonsense. Saw someone else with the idea to clip them on the doors while open at shows. I've been trying to collect different things to change-up how I show the car at cruise nights. Mostly 80s related odds and ends, but these streamers are part of it too. Still on the look-out for one of those Star Wars Millennium Falcon cockpit sunshades.

IMG_0528.jpgIMG_0529.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    10201

Started spraying down every brake line coupling and suspension bolt with penetrating lube. What started out as a mere electric conversion is easily snowballing into a full frame off restomod.

Chmsl

Corvette 3rd brake light; painted SEM trim black, LED conversion with integrated flash module. Click first image for video.

1981 DMC 12- Black
    VIN 46**
    Alameda CA

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by gluaisrothaii View Post
    Corvette 3rd brake light; painted SEM trim black, LED conversion with integrated flash module. Click first image for video.

What type of LED bulbs work with that housing assembly?
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    I’m interested in this too.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    I’m interested in this too.
    Ah....where were my manners? I used this and something like this.

Made an aluminum bracket from 0.040" I had around. Definitely not my best work but functional- I'm planning to re-make a clean bracket when I find higher output LED strand. Attached the bracket inside the lens with VHB tape. Current draw is less than 0.3 amps. I believe the stock lamp setup pulled more like 8 amps.

Last edited by gluaisrothaii; 12-13-2019 at 12:20 PM.
    1981 DMC 12- Black
    VIN 46**
    Alameda CA

My VIN:    03572

Here is an old thread about the third brake light. I had a real old thread on the old DMCtalk showing how I made my LEDs for it.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?42...rd-brake-light
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 809 of 920 FirstFirst ... 309 709 759 799 807 808 809 810 811 819 859 909 ... LastLast