FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 451 of 920 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 449 450 451 452 453 461 501 551 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 9196

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    IMHO, even though you cleaned the carb and verified fuel in the carb, it still sounds like no fuel in the cylinders to me (kind of a dry cranking sound). If you had fuel in the cylinders, even with the timing just a little off, slow cranking should have at least tried to fire.

Have you ever considered putting a shot of starter fluid directly into a few cylinders and then try to start it? Even a slow crank should fire a few cylinders. Then you'd know if it was truly a fuel problem or not. If not, must be timing, cause you verified spark.

Thomas
    I heard a couple of cylinders fire when it sped up toward the end. Timing seems to be a good theory. The engine started dying while hot last year, so I replaced the pickup coil in the distributor. Then the engine wouldn't start after I re-installed the distributor. Although I got the engine at TDC (as far as I know), it's possible that I installed the distributor incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by leroylem View Post
    still bet its weak spark problem..
    Cap, plugs, and wires are all good with fewer than 10,000 miles on them. The cause of a weak spark could be due to the fact that my battery has gone practically unused for a year, with the exception of these "trickle-charge and troubleshoot" sessions every so often.

One theory is that I re-installed the distributor 180 degrees off... so tonight I decided to test that theory.

3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

Oil and filter change, coated the fronts of the seats with leatherique, put her to bed for the winter

Ordered new louver struts. I'm gonna need my vice-grip back soon enough. :P

I was having trouble with the turn signal lever, it would not hold in place when I pushed it down (left) so I would just hold it in place. Upon closer examination, the lever itself was blocked by the housing around the column. The housing is installed correctly, or looks to be, so I took a Dremel tool and enlarged the lever opening about 1/8" and now it works perfectly.
    Of course, then my low beams wouldn't work---so after reading every single thread here, checking all relays/fuses/switch/etc/etc I finally stumbled upon one thread concerning dirty contacts within the column. Turns out some of the small filings from my Dremel work collected on the low/high contacts. A blasting of compressed air solved the problem.

Removed left front wheel to find the dust cap intact but the angle drive shaft twisted off (I lost speedo/odo/trip 91 miles into the cross country trip and used a GPS app for the remainder); chucked lower speedo cable into drill and ran to 50mph to verify function of speedo/odo/trip. Watched the "Replace angle drive" video on youtube.

Ordered led kit from DMCH; ordered extended convex mirrors from Poland (looking forward to these); ordered angle drive replacement from DMCH.

Bought a new battery, just because.

My VIN:    3305

Probably broke / misaligned the AC mode switch, now it hisses constantly

New louvre struts arrived today! Also, I added a couple of "pro" tools to my toolbox: automatic wire strippers for 10-22 AWG wire, and a cutter/crimper to replace the so-so one I bought at Radio Shack years ago (whose handle broke during an aggressive crimp :P).

Attached Images

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Downloaded and installed OneNote 2013 (now free) and set it up to work and sync between all my PC's. My previous version would not sync between PC's.

Why is this DeLorean related? OneNote is where I keep a lot of info related to the DeLorean that I find on the internet. If there is a website I find interesting or something I find here I copy it into OneNote. A great tool.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    5625

New tail light boards!!

I just installed my new tail light boards from Grady!! They work flawlessly!!
    Attached Images
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Volants that I've had for years...not sure what the model is. They were one of the last models they made with printed graphics before they started stamping the logos into the stainless. So I removed all logos and have a perfectly smooth stainless top surface on the skis.
    Very Very cool !

Page 451 of 920 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 449 450 451 452 453 461 501 551 ... LastLast