FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 741 of 920 FirstFirst ... 241 641 691 731 739 740 741 742 743 751 791 841 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,410 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Didnt know that someone had made a stainless frame.
    You can get one here:
    http://www.deloreanindustries.com/stainless-frame-base/

My VIN:    3937

I keep the inside of the car pretty neat and tidy and don't often have anything sitting in the coin tray. If I grab a coffee on my way somewhere though, I'll often throw the change into the coin tray. It tends to slide around a lot though when that's the only thing in there.

I MacGyver'ed up a solution on the weekend for that though with some of that tacky rubber shelf liner stuff you put under your cups or mugs in the kitchen. The roll I bought was about a million times too big as the piece I needed was only the size of the bottom of the coin tray. I put a couple of small bits of double sided 3M tape on the corners to hold it in place. And it matches the black interior quite well.

IMG_5297.jpgIMG_5299.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Fitted reversing sensor at the weekend. Great no drill solution.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

My VIN:    3455

Yesterday finished up installing the new radiator, fans, and condenser. Today I pulled out the old AC hoses and installed new split hoses rated for R134A. Tomorrow I'll add the new OT, compressor, and accumulator, gas it up and finally see what it's like to have decent AC in the Mississippi heat!

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Took my DeLorean to the NORCAL RADWood show (80s and 90s cars only) and won the Most Raddest of the show award!

After more than 2 months of work, which included cooling system, brakes, electrical, Wheel refinish, stainless/paint restoration, suspension work, etc, It was worth it.

Mark

My VIN:    3455

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalB View Post
    Yesterday finished up installing the new radiator, fans, and condenser. Today I pulled out the old AC hoses and installed new split hoses rated for R134A. Tomorrow I'll add the new OT, compressor, and accumulator, gas it up and finally see what it's like to have decent AC in the Mississippi heat!
    Added the rest of the new AC components and installed new bearings in the AC idler pulleys. The system held a vacuum overnight, so I charged it up. It's blowing cold air, but after a 30 min drive in 85 degrees I'm still breaking a sweat. I think I'm going to have to take it to a tint shop and get clear ceramic tint on the windshield. All the other windows have a dark tint and the interior door panels are comfortable to touch in direct sunlight. The dash and binnacle, on the other hand, are scalding hot. I can put my hand between the dash and windshield while I'm driving and the air there is hot. I think it's cancelling out most of the AC cooling.

Radiator and fans seem to be working great, though. Temp is steady, fans are quiet, and the car doesn't try to stall with the AC and headlights on!

Added under-body LED accent lighting. LEDs are mounted on aluminum angle and can quickly be removed or installed.

P7074272.jpgAccent lighting rear view 01.JPG

Ron

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yaay purple. How did you fix them to the car?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Like most Saturdays, I drove it with my iPod play list piping through the Craig....a sweet piece of heaven. This car is like no other I've had for attention it garners. Last weekend a mint Ferrari 308 GTB was directly behind me on a downtown street with tons of pedestrians. While I was looking in my rearview mirror admiring the car, the people on the street were pointing, smiling, and photographing my car. Man, I felt bad for the Ferrari driver, as he had to watch this unfolding in front of him all the way down the street.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

I picked up VIN 2282 from DMC Midwest on Thursday after it had a few things done to it post-purchase. Big thanks to Mike and Jason at Midwest for their excellent work and Stephanie and Suzy for their outstanding customer service. Also, thank you to Dave for his invaluable advice. About halfway home, I hit some heavy rain. Probably the first and last time it sees rain under my ownership. The car performed flawlessly for the 60 mile ride, and I surprisingly did not get pulled over despite my bogus BTTF plates. The real ones aren’t in yet. I also gave it a good wash before parking it in its new garage space next to our Mustang. I took it out for gas later that day, and some firemen in a passing fire truck were snapping pictures and video of it getting gas ha. The next morning I left town for a week and miss the car already!
    Last edited by Hill Valley PD; 07-08-2018 at 02:56 AM.

Page 741 of 920 FirstFirst ... 241 641 691 731 739 740 741 742 743 751 791 841 ... LastLast