FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 693 of 920 FirstFirst ... 193 593 643 683 691 692 693 694 695 703 743 793 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    What are the notable configuration differences in the LS4 vs what Jonathan and Nick used?
    You mean Josh, right? Nick used the LS1, Josh and I are using the LS4. The LS4 is slightly down on power, has a different bell housing bolt pattern, a flatter front drive (since it was from a FWD car), and is a good bit cheaper to purchase.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Cool, maybe it was Josh. He’s in Ragina, correct? Does the flatter front give you enough clearance so you don’t have to cut onto the closing panel?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Not a DeLorean Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Cool, maybe it was Josh. He’s in Ragina, correct? Does the flatter front give you enough clearance so you don’t have to cut onto the closing panel?
    Yup, Josh up in Regina. The flatter front drive gives you approximately 3" of clearance between the motor and the rear crossmember, depending on how you place the motor & transmission mounts.
    -Mike

2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    04629

Bird Chirping?

Took my car for a drive this past weekend, out to my summer house and back. It's about a 170 mile trip, during the 'drive out portion', I heard my Alternator belt squealing during take-off from stoplights. I knew my belt was a little loose, but I tightened it before my journey. How did it loosen?

Anyway I'd shut off the A/C and my Stereo system (to reduce load) and the noise went away. I just hoped that I wouldn't throw my Alternator belt, anyway arrived just fine. (how did it get loose)

Now the other issue is after installing my new alternator, it sounded as if a bird was tweeting in my engine compartment! During the installation of this item, I installed a new air filter and a new 'cardboard' flex tubing to the pontoon air intake, these items were off during the initial start-up to check everything. I just thought that I was hearing the "intake swoosh" of no air filter in place.

After assembling everything back together, the sound persisted......so I have a little bird chirping noise in the engine compartment, I can live with until this alternator dies.

Did I mention that this is an Hervey Alternator, won't do that again. I knew better, but I'm retired so $$ can be difficult to save for different maintenance jobs. I even emailed him about this issue, no reply to date.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    Did I mention that this is an Hervey Alternator, won't do that again. I knew better, but I'm retired so $$ can be difficult to save for different maintenance jobs. I even emailed him about this issue, no reply to date.
    I had a Hervey alternator and guess I got lucky and it's still going strong in another D. I've heard a few complaints about the Hervey alternator squealing.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    Early

Drove the car on this beautiful day and did a redneck alignment with a 2x4. Going to bring it to Beasley tire tomorrow for a proper alignment.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    10353

20171016_173805.jpg
    Got the front finally torn down today thanks to some help from a fellow member, thanks Christian D!

Next is clean up and a little POR15 then DPI spec coilover install with new LCAs.

Not a DeLorean Guru

Just some motor building:

SDC10802.jpg
    -Mike

2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I had a Hervey alternator and guess I got lucky and it's still going strong in another D. I've heard a few complaints about the Hervey alternator squealing.
    My car had one of his on and the Fan started to hit the casing making a ton of noise. I did not know it was on of his but I ordered another from because of the price and DMCNW did not have any in stock. my Mechanic had a hard time getting the belt to that he includes but go it on an adjusted but he fills it is little to big and wants me to bring this week and he is gonna try different size ( for free I have Know him and used him for 17 years)
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Brooks View Post
    My car had one of his on and the Fan started to hit the casing making a ton of noise. I did not know it was on of his but I ordered another from because of the price and DMCNW did not have any in stock. my Mechanic had a hard time getting the belt to that he includes but go it on an adjusted but he fills it is little to big and wants me to bring this week and he is gonna try different size ( for free I have Know him and used him for 17 years)
    Had a hard time reading this. You can blame it on Auto-correct. I filled in the missing words with what I believe you intended to say.

“My car had one of his on IT and the Fan started to hit the casing making a ton of noise. I did not know it was ONE of his but I ordered another from HIM because of the price and BECAUSE DMCNW did not have any in stock. my Mechanic had a hard time getting the belt to GO ON that he includes, but GOT it on and adjusted. He FEELS it is A little too big and wants me to bring IT IN this week and he is gonna try A different size for free. I have Known and used him for 17 years.”
    Last edited by DMC5180; 10-17-2017 at 12:31 AM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 693 of 920 FirstFirst ... 193 593 643 683 691 692 693 694 695 703 743 793 ... LastLast