FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 681 of 920 FirstFirst ... 181 581 631 671 679 680 681 682 683 691 731 781 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,810 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3937

Anyone know where on the parts pages the little light bulb is for the PRND21 indicator on the auto trans? I'd like to replace the bulb holder if possible, but can't seem to find it in the parts manual.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Anyone know where on the parts pages the little light bulb is for the PRND21 indicator on the auto trans? I'd like to replace the bulb holder if possible, but can't seem to find it in the parts manual.
    I think it's the same bulb used in the HVAC controls. AS for the holder itself, it's probably part of the harness. I actually plan to use a short white LED strip and replace the center biased bulb for a more evenly distributed light. After Dave's LED HVAC panel, the lighted window switches, and my LED instrument cluster lighting, it's about all that's left.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I think it's the same bulb used in the HVAC controls. AS for the holder itself, it's probably part of the harness. I actually plan to use a short white LED strip and replace the center biased bulb for a more evenly distributed light. After Dave's LED HVAC panel, the lighted window switches, and my LED instrument cluster lighting, it's about all that's left.
    I was wondering if it was going to be part of the main harness. It's kind of crusty and the bulb doesn't fit well enough to stay put. So sometimes it's on and other times it isn't. Might have to MacGyver myself a replacement somehow...

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I ordered even parts for my LS swap today. Wow this is a lot of money, lol. Will make pick a good part selling my old PRV
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I was wondering if it was going to be part of the main harness. It's kind of crusty and the bulb doesn't fit well enough to stay put. So sometimes it's on and other times it isn't. Might have to MacGyver myself a replacement somehow...
    You mean this socket. I have a manual so i dont know what the auto version light looks like but if its like what Michael says i can send you this. This is from my hvac panel. I have a LED board like Michael does also so i have plenty little things like this that i saved when i did a bunch of custom lighting on 11035. If you are interested then send me your mailing address via private message and I can get it to you in the mail.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I think that would look good if you put a small little LED strip in there for a nice even displacement of the lighting throughout the gate selector. I know what you mean about putting a standard LED in it because my wife's 2005 Jeep Liberty her automatic console shifter light went out and it was originally green so I replaced it with a green LED but I noticed the light is an evenly distributed but I do plan on doing some custom stuff to her Jeep that she just doesn't know about yet lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    03572

Decided to take the D for a trip to the post office. Put the heat on since it's about 60 outside and pull out of the garage. When I went to move forward it was hard shifting, very hard to get into second gear also (I have the 5 speed). So I turned around and took my daily driver instead. When I got back I drove the D around the block and no problems noted. Strange, there was no grinding it just felt like the gear oil was very stiff.

I'll have to try it again on a colder morning.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

had the A/C system converted from R12 to R134a today (just in time for the lovely fall weather! :P ).
    the high side schrader valve had failed and almost all of the R12 had escaped already.

I didn't replace any of the original components as everything else is sealed and in healthy, working order. I just had my local shop evac what was left, of the R12, backflush the system, fill with 6oz of Esther oil, put on the 134a adapters and put in about 2lbs of 134a.

A/C now blows nice and cold - even at idle:
    2017-09-11 11.46.32.jpg

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

After talking about it, I dedicated an hour or so and replaced my single led bulb in my shift gate with a led strip. Looks awesome and I used my monokote trim sheet to make some nice even red windows instead of the transparent marker crap. The interior light journey is complete although I may swing by the hobby store tomorrow and pick up another trim sheet and do the gear letters in green. Next up, all exterior LEDs.

20170911_203622.jpg

20170911_203631.jpg
    Last edited by Michael; 09-11-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Holy shit dude, a tiger is trying to steal your car!!!
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Page 681 of 920 FirstFirst ... 181 581 631 671 679 680 681 682 683 691 731 781 ... LastLast