FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 848 of 920 FirstFirst ... 348 748 798 838 846 847 848 849 850 858 898 ... LastLast
Results 8,471 to 8,480 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5510

A bit of frustration with the DeLorean restoration - I had an ETA on my powder coating to be done on Friday, and hadn't heard anything, so I called in and they said it won't be ready til mid to late next week. This is kind of a bummer, since I took all next week off so I could work on the car! I have also been expecting some parts from DPI, but I think shipping is super slow these days because it shipped out on the 23rd and still hasn't arrived (it's now 2 1/2 weeks later). It's also pouring rain today, so that means I can't paint the exhaust.

I guess that means I'll be doing some other work on the car... cooling lines, fuel accumulator, and some other small bits and bobs.

Speaking of bobs - Video Bob Moseley has started a new series on YouTube showing a conversion of a stock DeLorean into a Back To The Future Time Machine replica. Here are some links if anyone is interested!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og_O...ideobobMoseley

My VIN:    3752

Turns out the idle speed motor didn't solve my idle issues. It actually runs great when first started now. But I took it on a trip this weekend, and after a couple of minutes the idle is high, like 1500 RPM. After like an hour of driving it starts running really poorly. Idle is hunting a lot and even stalls out completely. Exhaust smeels like crap. It also hesitates on acceleration when in this state. My guess is I probably need to get the mixture adjusted. I haven't touched it, since I don't have a dwell meter. Either that or I have something weird with the electronics, or maybe a massive vacuum leak or something. I can hear some relay or something clicking when I get off the gas. Meh, I should just drive it to a real mechanic to fix it

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Nioreh View Post
    Turns out the idle speed motor didn't solve my idle issues. It actually runs great when first started now. But I took it on a trip this weekend, and after a couple of minutes the idle is high, like 1500 RPM. After like an hour of driving it starts running really poorly. Idle is hunting a lot and even stalls out completely. Exhaust smeels like crap. It also hesitates on acceleration when in this state. My guess is I probably need to get the mixture adjusted. I haven't touched it, since I don't have a dwell meter. Either that or I have something weird with the electronics, or maybe a massive vacuum leak or something. I can hear some relay or something clicking when I get off the gas. Meh, I should just drive it to a real mechanic to fix it
    It could be your deceleration springs/valves are shot. Many cars have this problem which cause the high RPM idle after warmup.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    3752

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    It could be your deceleration springs/valves are shot. Many cars have this problem which cause the high RPM idle after warmup.
    Ooof, looking around there seems to be no good replacement for those springs? I'll try and remove the W-bend on the intake and see if I can visually see if the springs look bad. Thank you.

My VIN:    4328

Well I got vin #4328 a little over a week ago and have done a lot so far. Started with new door struts from PJ Grady. Then it went: Fuses, relay update kit, rewire hidden power antenna, clutch reservoir hose, Steering column bushing, LED lights for the doors and the bonnet, cleaned and conditioned the leather seats, new leather shift boot, O2 sensor, stainless muffler heat shield, alternator belt and ran new wires for my reverse switch and put a new alternator belt, coolant cap and gas cap.

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

Chassis is finished and ready for pickup, Repaired, new front extensions, straightened/re-aligned, galvanised, re-powder coated.

5 months ago

jBc03Aom.jpg
    n5zjEh5m.jpg

Yesterday

3iPR6Y5m.jpg

HfkmXO7m.jpg

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by er1c View Post
    Chassis is finished and ready for pickup, Repaired, new front extensions, straightened/re-aligned, galvanised, re-powder coated.

5 months ago

jBc03Aom.jpg
    n5zjEh5m.jpg

Yesterday

3iPR6Y5m.jpg

HfkmXO7m.jpg
    Looking great, bet you are stoked!
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Looking great, bet you are stoked!
    Thanks chap, 50 percent stoked, 50 percent worried how little sense these multiple piles of labelled Delorean parts in my garage mean to me after 5 months. Luckily I have taken a thousand pictures.... I think I will be sat playing "what goes where" over winter.

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by er1c View Post
    Thanks chap, 50 percent stoked, 50 percent worried how little sense these multiple piles of labelled Delorean parts in my garage mean to me after 5 months. Luckily I have taken a thousand pictures.... I think I will be sat playing "what goes where" over winter.
    Hey you did the right thing though. Whenever i go to take something apart, i take photos from all angles. You will be fine
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    4328

I replaced my top front shock bushings, The steering rack boots and front tie rod ends

Page 848 of 920 FirstFirst ... 348 748 798 838 846 847 848 849 850 858 898 ... LastLast