FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 785 of 920 FirstFirst ... 285 685 735 775 783 784 785 786 787 795 835 885 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,850 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Well today I checked the fuel pump current at 6.3 amps. engine off so that looks fine. Since I was in the washer bottle area I though maybe a connector for the fuel pump wire got moved.

I then put a spare ignition ECU replacing the bolted one and test drove at no change (still skipping under load).

I then pulled the plugs and gaped them at less than 0.030" but more than 0.025". I had them gaped at almost 0.040". That really helped with almost no skip under load but I still think really heavy load it may still have an occasional skip. So it looks like I need to replace the distributor cap and rotor next.

Any other ideas before I order a new cap and rotor?
    This definitely, appears to be symptomatic of worn spark plugs. Are you running the stock Coil? How was the weather at the time. Very high humidity/wet conditions will cause arc jumping if the wires or cap/rotor are breaking down with age. Fresh plugs/wires/cap & rotor should clear things up so long as the fuel mixture isn’t running lean.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    This definitely, appears to be symptomatic of worn spark plugs. Are you running the stock Coil? How was the weather at the time. Very high humidity/wet conditions will cause arc jumping if the wires or cap/rotor are breaking down with age. Fresh plugs/wires/cap & rotor should clear things up so long as the fuel mixture isn’t running lean.
    Agree. Since reducing the high voltage by reducing the gap helped I'm thinking it may be a cross fire. I'm not running a stock coil. I'm running a GM ignition module and a 1.5 ohm coil. I will try another coil I have since it's an easy thing to change.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Agree. Since reducing the high voltage by reducing the gap helped I'm thinking it may be a cross fire. I'm not running a stock coil. I'm running a GM ignition module and a 1.5 ohm coil. I will try another coil I have since it's an easy thing to change.
    Replaced the coil and that did not fix it. So going to order a new cap and rotor.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    4665

Attended a car show on Father's day. Car sat next to a couple of Lotus Esprits. The exhibition was design focused, and the Red Esprit walked away with a Design of Distinction award.

However, as all of you know, when you've got a DeLorean on display, you certainly get a large share of people wanting to see it and ignoring the others.

My wife loved being at the car show and now wants to do more. Now if only I could get her to help wipe down the car after a rain!
    IMG_1143.jpgIMG_2962.jpgIMG_1148.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    [snip] However, as all of you know, when you've got a DeLorean on display, you certainly get a large share of people wanting to see it and ignoring the others. [snip]
    The Corvette guys hate it when a DeLorean shows up. I once got dagger looks from those guys when a gaggle of their wives came over to talk to me.

OK OK already, they actually came over to look at my car, rather than talk to me. : )

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    The Corvette guys hate it when a DeLorean shows up. I once got dagger looks from those guys when a gaggle of their wives came over to talk to me.

OK OK already, they actually came over to look at my car, rather than talk to me. : )

Thomas

The owner of the red Esprit wouldn't even give me the time of day. But I got to know the owner of the grey Esprit well, and we're going to meet up at the Rolling Sculpture show in Ann Arbor in July.

New crankseal and gasket. Also a new clutch just to be safe
    And gave the UN1 a good cleaning

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Attended a car show on Father's day. Car sat next to a couple of Lotus Esprits. The exhibition was design focused, and the Red Esprit walked away with a Design of Distinction award.

However, as all of you know, when you've got a DeLorean on display, you certainly get a large share of people wanting to see it and ignoring the others.

My wife loved being at the car show and now wants to do more. Now if only I could get her to help wipe down the car after a rain!
    IMG_1143.jpgIMG_2962.jpgIMG_1148.jpg
    Eyes on Design. I have had cars in that show multiple years. Always a fantastic event!
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Installed a DPI throttle shield that I coated and put an emblem on. It hides the throttle position sensor nicely. Also installed a stainless DeLoreanGo header bottle cap.
    Attached Images
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I ate Patrick's car.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Page 785 of 920 FirstFirst ... 285 685 735 775 783 784 785 786 787 795 835 885 ... LastLast