FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 715 of 920 FirstFirst ... 215 615 665 705 713 714 715 716 717 725 765 815 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    I installed Owen's LCA brackets.

All I can say is wow! My car drives with no more shudder in the wheel and it is generally much easier to steer as well.
    Yeah isn't it much nicer when your car actually can really handle that much better with simple little improvements like this? I have the Performance Suspension and braking package from Josh at DPI and with those control arm support bars really makes good use out of the front sway bar and keeps the car from leaning as much as it used to!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Yeah isn't it much nicer when your car actually can really handle that much better with simple little improvements like this? I have the Performance Suspension and braking package from Josh at DPI and with those control arm support bars really makes good use out of the front sway bar and keeps the car from leaning as much as it used to!

Sure does.

My drivers side sway bar bushing was actually popping over the washer, causing the whole assembly to just flop around. That made the car near impossible to steer straight, and made the it dangerous in braking situations. Without the aft pull on the roll bar, I don't think that will ever happen again.

BTW you have one beautiful suspension setup! I would honestly be scared to ruin that kind of setup on Texas roads...
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Sure does.

My drivers side sway bar bushing was actually popping over the washer, causing the whole assembly to just flop around. That made the car near impossible to steer straight, and made the it dangerous in braking situations. Without the aft pull on the roll bar, I don't think that will ever happen again.
    Well that's definitely good you got that all figure it out and all corrected so you can actually enjoy your car and be really safe to drive!

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Today I was going to install a a new DMC leather shift boot (100688 ) and a M/T noise isolator (108903) that my early car was missing but realized that I need a little more information beforehand.

1) For the noise isolator I assume you need to remove the lock nut for the shift knob and it should slide down and just clip on the square frame. Correct?

2) For the shift boot does the seam in the middle go to the front or the rear?

So, I went back to working on my daily driver engine rebuild. It's almost ready to go in the car:

I liked the results of the manifold paint on the DeLorean, so I also used the POR-15 Hi-Temp manifold gray paint on the cast iron manifolds.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 02-10-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    6472

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81
    1) For the noise isolator I assume you need to remove the lock nut for the shift knob and it should slide down and just clip on the square frame. Correct?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81
    2) For the shift boot does the seam in the middle go to the front or the rear?
    Front

Finished all my filing and sanding and mocked up the red led to see how its going to look. Looks pretty good for a beginner!

My VIN:    10201

Not sure if it got mentioned, but arent you worried about the heat from the exhaust/engine damaging the lights in any way?

On a related note, I noticed most of my underbody LEDs had dried out and cracked.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Not sure if it got mentioned, but arent you worried about the heat from the exhaust/engine damaging the lights in any way?

On a related note, I noticed most of my underbody LEDs had dried out and cracked.
    The lighting assembly is pretty well protected in that location. The impact absorber shields direct heat from the engine and muffler. Yes, there is warm air swirling around back there but it is blended with ambient air while driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post

Actually not worried at all. The led light bar will sit inside the foam to help protect it. How did your dry out?

My VIN:    15275

Displayed in the world of wheels this weeknd...

And took first in my class!!!!!!

Page 715 of 920 FirstFirst ... 215 615 665 705 713 714 715 716 717 725 765 815 ... LastLast