FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 643 of 920 FirstFirst ... 143 543 593 633 641 642 643 644 645 653 693 743 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,430 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    15190

I passed smog test and replaced the transmission fluid for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    10201

Hit 25k miles and lambda light turned on. It freaked me out cause my first thought was "what the hell just broke?!" Then I saw "oh, stupid lambda light".

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Going to be installing my new wheels in the next coming week! I have always loved the machined face look.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    6472

A while back we had some heavy rains here and I noticed my floor carpets had gotten wet. Both sides but moreso the passenger side. I went ahead and dried them up but still wasn't sure where the water had come from. Today I checked to make sure my windshield drain wasn't clogged, by removing the fuel pump access cover. The drain was totally clear. I also decided to get under the passenger footwell and check that my evaporator drain was clear as well, as that can also cause leaks onto the carpet. I used Dave S's advice and used a heat gun to soften the rubber hose from the evaporator and then was able to easily pull it off with my fingers. There is no reason to make any cuts or modifications to the hose, don't make it harder on yourself. Anyway I checked for blockage and there was none, even sprayed some air in there, but it looks good. With the AC on, the condensation from the evaporator came out from the hose underneath the car and onto the ground like it's supposed to. I'll be doing some rain testing with a garden hose and going through the water leaks bulletin.

My VIN:    01598

Club(s):   (DCH)

Done sanding front and rear fascia.
    Front was a piece of cake, but the rear had a lot of paint. Bad paintjob by previous owner, so all the paint had to go.
    Attached Images
    Svein Apeland

1981 DMC DeLorean DMC-12, VIN: 01598. Gas flap hood, manual transmission, black interior, wide stripe, galvanized frame, Spax shocks and UK club exhaust.
    x1973 Plymouth Road Runner
    x1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
    x1975 Chevrolet El Camino
    x1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring
    x1966 Lincoln Continental
    x1983 Porsche 944
    x1982 Porsche 944

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

noticed raw gas smell the other day after the car had been sitting for 3 days. no drips or anything underneath.

pulled the fuel pump boot cover to find the top of the pump submerged in gas. I think I may have overfilled it (as i got gas and came right home the last time i drove the car). the fuel level was at the neck of the tank as i pulled the pump out. pulling the pump out caused gas to start overflowing around the neck. used a whole roll of shop towels to ensure no gas got to the bottom exterior of the tank and/or the frame.
    1.jpg 2.jpg

cleaned up the gas mess, and found that the fuel pump wires were damaged and needed repair ASAP:
    3.jpg

pulled the pump (Bosch 058-254-957) out to inspect it. its in near as i can tell, like new condition. rubber shows no sign of deterioration or damage. the boot cover is not sticky at all. (the goopiness around the orange fuel lines is just RTV that DeLorean One added to further seal/secure the lines to the boot cover... for some reason....
    5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

I siphoned 1+ gallons of gas out of the tank and let it sit. so far no more gas has filled the top section of the pump/boot. I still want to pull the sender just to inspect that (My car has some non-original VDO sending unit)

I did notice the return rubber line off the hardline in the tank looks broken. but im not too concerned about that since its still just dumping fuel back into the tank and i don't let it get low enough where not getting returned gas to the baffle would be a problem.... but still something to fix (can make that out in the last pic)

I've repaired the wire harness for the fuel pump:
    4.jpg

Next ill hook everything back up, leave the boot cover off, jumper the pump to prime it and make sure there's no leak coming from the banjo bolt/crown bolt on top of the pump (or the pump housing itself).

After that I'll fire it up (assuming all is good) and just not top off the tank anymore....
    Last edited by novadmc; 04-07-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Installed new cooling fans from Delorean Parts Northwest!
    The hardest thing was to get the shroud out, and the old rusty bolts. 3 hours to complete!

Fernando Silotto. Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Delorean Vin 3772

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Got my new powdercoated and ma hined wheels from DeLoreanAutoParts.com yesterday! Excited to get these beauties installed.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by madstudios View Post
    Installed new cooling fans from Delorean Parts Northwest!
    The hardest thing was to get the shroud out, and the old rusty bolts. 3 hours to complete!

Fernando Silotto. Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Delorean Vin 3772
    ...Are you working in the kitchen?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    noticed raw gas smell the other day after the car had been sitting for 3 days. no drips or anything underneath.

pulled the fuel pump boot cover to find the top of the pump submerged in gas. I think I may have overfilled it (as i got gas and came right home the last time i drove the car). the fuel level was at the neck of the tank as i pulled the pump out.

cleaned up the gas mess, and found that the fuel pump wires were damaged and needed repair ASAP:
    3.jpg

pulled the pump (Bosch 058-254-957) out to inspect it. its in near as i can tell, like new condition. rubber shows no sign of deterioration or damage. ....
    If you had fuel on top of the pump from a FULL tank up the filler neck, you must have a leak around the return line pass thru in the boot or a possible crack in the orange fuel line at the Barbed end fitting. They have been known to fail. The inner hose is Teflon. The original factory hoses were Nylon which is tougher that Teflon. Spilling fuel out of the neck is likely to run into the fuel pump boot if the cover was on it and properly secured.

Also the fuel pump harness you repaired is still available from DMCH.
    Economically priced too. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 04-07-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 643 of 920 FirstFirst ... 143 543 593 633 641 642 643 644 645 653 693 743 ... LastLast