FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 830 of 920 FirstFirst ... 330 730 780 820 828 829 830 831 832 840 880 ... LastLast
Results 8,291 to 8,300 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5510

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    [*]the snowmobile trailer went under[*]blocks of wood blocked the body to get the 4x4's out
    That's fantastic! I've been wondering how I could do something similar! If I could get the body on a trailer, I could store it for a month or two while I fix up the frame, and have full use of the garage... AND I could also use a DIY shop's lift for $50 when I'm ready to undo the process. Personally, $50 is a way better deal than 2+ hours of hard labor.

How did you secure the body to the snowmobile trailer for transit?

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBill View Post
    How did you secure the body to the snowmobile trailer for transit?
    I only moved the body across the garage/shop so I didn't secure it. Make sure it front loads the trailer so the tongue doesn't tip up dumping the body. I put the engine end towards the trailer tongue. I don't recall for sure but I think I moved it by hand.

Without thinking about it a lot (as such, this may be a batch of bad ideas :-) and there may be better ideas), I think I'd use eye-bolts (or hooks) through the body to frame mounting points (eyes on down side). Then use those four points to secure to the trailer. If trailering across town, secure the tie-downs DOWN and also ACROSS the trailer so it doesn't slide sideways. Cross the tiedowns across the trailer. Also make sure it can't slide front and back. In other words, I wouldn't go to far without being comfortable that the body wouldn't slide front, back or side to side. If it is only months, I'd definitely store onsite. It should be able to stay outside without damage.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Just a warning- Make sure your louvers are not attached if you haul/tow them facing backwards.
    (They WILL fly; exceedingly well before 88 MPH ;-)

My VIN:    3937

I've always liked the look of the wide stripes on the car and recently just got myself a set. I finished installing them yesterday and am really happy with the outcome. The slight variations and imperfections in both the positioning of the rub strips and the cut of the stripes themselves mean there are spots that aren't precisely where they likely should be, but hey, that's life with these cars.

I really like the mix of black and gray and silver that my car has now. On the interior especially. Suits me well.

IMG_1261.jpgIMG_1279.jpgIMG_1283.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I've always liked the look of the wide stripes on the car and recently just got myself a set. I finished installing them yesterday and am really happy with the outcome. The slight variations and imperfections in both the positioning of the rub strips and the cut of the stripes themselves mean there are spots that aren't precisely where they likely should be, but hey, that's life with these cars.

I really like the mix of black and gray and silver that my car has now. On the interior especially. Suits me well.

My interior he same. Even though I didn't score a manual when I found my car, al least the interior was just how I wanted it. I have been batting around the idea of a stripe.

My VIN:    6409

Club(s):   (DOC-UK) (DOI)

Got a chance to finish off the starter motors. Never got round to sorting my Paris rhone starter when it eventually gave up - Just needed a new solenoid. So redone both.
    Attached Images
    only from the past can we choose the correct path for the future...

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

Very beautiful! I do prefer a black interior over a gray. If the gray was lighter, it would be more interesting...

And I like your door sill with negative stainless logo. Where did you get it?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Very beautiful! I do prefer a black interior over a gray. If the gray was lighter, it would be more interesting...

And I like your door sill with negative stainless logo. Where did you get it?
    Thanks!

That full negative sill piece was from DMC Midwest all the way back to 2011. Dave and Julee had a somewhat separate page or section of the main Midwest website with a few of their own unique parts. The Joe Cool thing was on there if I remember correctly and some other stuff too. I'm not sure if any of the DMC vendors have those kinds of pages anymore. I wish it was easier to find as there's some really great stuff out there that isn't on any websites. Not obvious anyway. Not sure where you would get that same sill part nowadays?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5999

Tron Shifter

I realize this will get mixed reactions, after having posted it on the Norcal Delorean FB homepage. But here it is, I recently installed this Discs-of-Tron arcade game inspired joystick shifter in my Delorean. Even wired in a few LEDs to make it glow. It's surprisingly comfortable and reversible back to stock configuration, if I get tired of it someday.

0-1.jpg0-2.jpg0-3.jpg

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    I realize this will get mixed reactions, after having posted it on the Norcal Delorean FB homepage. But here it is, I recently installed this Discs-of-Tron arcade game inspired joystick shifter in my Delorean. Even wired in a few LEDs to make it glow. It's surprisingly comfortable and reversible back to stock configuration, if I get tired of it someday.

0-1.jpg0-2.jpg0-3.jpg

Thats kinda neat..hehe
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 830 of 920 FirstFirst ... 330 730 780 820 828 829 830 831 832 840 880 ... LastLast