FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 834 of 920 FirstFirst ... 334 734 784 824 832 833 834 835 836 844 884 ... LastLast
Results 8,331 to 8,340 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    10XXX

Club(s):   (DCF)

Battery cut-off switch

I installed this battery switch. I favor hefty purely mechanical switches. No chance for even small current drains, no latching relays, no need to reach far back into the battery compartment to the negative terminal, etc.

This one from Fastronix (#303-001) supposedly can handle 1000 amps intermittently and 180 amps continuous. It is quite beefy, but fits in the compartment on the right hand side.

IMG_2191 2.jpg

IMG_2145 2.jpg
    Steve Liggett
    Treasure Island, FL
    1982 automatic, VIN 10XXX, grey int

Previous: VIN 5983, VIN 3670
    Who knows where my previous 1981 with 6 cylinder Chevy engine is these days (cannot find that VIN) ?

My VIN:    07164

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBill View Post
    Nice! What's the plan with the restoration? New frame?
    No, I did consider that but I would like to keep the original, there is a chap in the UK who builds frames from scratch (interestingly he is building himself a stainless one) I have had it acid dipped to get rid of the rubbish and its now with him to fix it up, I think it will need a new front extension section and looks like it took a bump at some point so he will sort the rear out. Then hopefully get it galvanised and powder coated in the original colour.

My VIN:    5510

The past few days I spent cleaning up the garage and working on tearing down the frame. Today it was finally nice enough that I rolled the engine and transmission out of the way, then pulled the frame into the driveway and pressure washed it. TONS of dirt and nasty crap came off, plus probably a pound of epoxy chips. I then took this chance to walk around the frame and inspect all of the areas of rust:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcTgm-ec3XM

Would love to hear people's thoughts on the state of the frame.

My VIN:    6313

Self made binnacle/instrument cluster plastic #105848

I wanted a new instrument cluster lens for my electric conversion. The prior lens was a little scratched up, but with my new digital display I wanted it to be perfect. I also wanted to not have a hole in the lens for the trip counter reset.

I bought a 3mm thick transparent acrylic sheet ($2. I then used a jig saw to cut the sheet to the right shape while flat. I didn't use a paper template, but that would have been easier! I cut a 45 degree edge (40 degrees may have been closer to the original) in a piece of wood and used a heat gun to slowly heat the acrylic up so that I could bend it around the wood. You have to heat it slowly to avoid bubbles forming in the acrylic. It took about 5 minutes before the acrylic got hot enough. I did the bottom edge first, and then fitted it to the instrument cluster to see where to place the fold in the upper part of the lens. I drilled-measured-drilled-measured the holes, starting with the holes along the bottom, and then once screwed in checking the position for the holes at the top. The top also needs holes for positioning pins.

Lots and lots of care needed to get the measurements right and not damage the lens in the process of making it (ask me how I know .

Jeff
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    5510

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    I wanted a new instrument cluster lens for my electric conversion. ...

Jeff
    I'm very excited to see how your project turns out - the binnacle looks great from the pictures you posted in the TesLorean thread!! Do you think going with the dual 9" displays was the right call, or do you have any learnings from it? Like you, I am doing an EV conversion, and like you my first thought was to drive the stock instrument cluster with an Arduino or other microcontroller, but seeing your new setup I definitely think you're headed in the right direction. There are just so many things I don't particularly like about the stock instrument cluster. And of course there are a lot of things that don't make sense in an EV conversion.

My VIN:    10201

Got the washer bottle model done except for the threads. Not super close cause it's not a precision part.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Got the washer bottle model done except for the threads. Not super close cause it's not a precision part.

How are you planning to do the thread and get it the same?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    How are you planning to do the thread and get it the same?
    Do a cross section of the pipe. Havent done threads like that yet, but I dont imagine it'd be too hard compared to the rest and the parts I've done for work.

Here's a shot from the scanning software and the references I use to make the model.
    Last edited by mr_maxime; 06-19-2020 at 06:48 PM.

My VIN:    4665

Changed engine oil, ATF fluid, and Final Drive oil. ATF and gear oil ran clear. Sending sample of engine oil to Blackstone to get an analysis as I always do.

Met another talk member, DukeNukeIt as he stopped by after seeing my car on the lift.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Today I put parts on my car, instead of taking them off.... I put on the new buffer strips for the louvre (ok..I assumed thats where they go, cause they fit just right).

Parts-Buffers.jpg
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 834 of 920 FirstFirst ... 334 734 784 824 832 833 834 835 836 844 884 ... LastLast