FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 723 of 920 FirstFirst ... 223 623 673 713 721 722 723 724 725 733 773 823 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,230 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Awesome. Looks really nice too and the lighted bumper letters turned out good.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Awesome. Looks really nice too and the lighted bumper letters turned out good.
    Thanks man! That bumper was the most tedious and frustrating part especially doing it all by dremel and files. If i get D #2 one day, i wont do this again lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

So, I guess that means you're not gonna volunteer to do mine? hehe
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    So, I guess that means you're not gonna volunteer to do mine? hehe
    Lol! If you don't mind waiting a little while because that stuff really takes some time it carefully try to cut inside the lines and not go too far lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    05457

Finished Installing Wings-A-Loft

This is a pretty awesome product. What is not to love about automatically opening doors? Up until recently I thought I needed to make wiring modifications such as taping into or cutting into original harness wires. By creating a couple Y splitters to feed signals to and from the control unit, this is entirely possible without any modifications to the OEM harness. If you are at all considering this update, stop thinking and do it.

Toby from DeLorean Parts Northwest was a great help on this as well, assisting with troubleshooting my sticky door seals, couldn't have done it without his guidance!

Here is a video in action:

Installed:
    20180411_183755.jpg

One of two extensions I made to have easy access to the wire used to power the actuator:
    20180409_190707.jpg
    David Proehl

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    This is a pretty awesome product. What is not to love about automatically opening doors? Up until recently I thought I needed to make wiring modifications such as taping into or cutting into original harness wires. By creating a couple Y splitters to feed signals to and from the control unit, this is entirely possible without any modifications to the OEM harness. If you are at all considering this update, stop thinking and do it.

Toby from DeLorean Parts Northwest was a great help on this as well, assisting with troubleshooting my sticky door seals, couldn't have done it without his guidance!

Here is a video in action:

Installed:
    20180411_183755.jpg

One of two extensions I made to have easy access to the wire used to power the actuator:
    20180409_190707.jpg
    The Wings-A-Loft has got to take the top spot for the best mod for your DeLorean. I don't know how the new ones are, but mine circa 2011(ish) has two options. One key always opens the driver door but you have a choice with the second, you can either open both at once or just the passenger door. I chose both at once since I rarely need to get into the right side only, and it looks so cool when my wife and I are walking to my car and I pop both doors at once. I feel like so kind of theme music should play.

Yes, it is still setup the same way, and that is how mine is wired. It makes a lot of sense. I almost never would want to open the passenger door without the driver's door so they may as well be linked together. The driver's door is lagging behind the passenger door because it is still sticking on the seals, but I've spent enough time messing with it for one night.
    David Proehl

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Yes, it is still setup the same way, and that is how mine is wired. It makes a lot of sense. I almost never would want to open the passenger door without the driver's door so they may as well be linked together. The driver's door is lagging behind the passenger door because it is still sticking on the seals, but I've spent enough time messing with it for one night.
    A little silicone or rubber dressing should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    A little silicone or rubber dressing should do the trick.
    I've tried some Prestone silicone spray, but its not the stuff Toby recommends (he claims LPS brand works better). I'll play with it some more tomorrow to see if I can get it to work better.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

A few days late to post this, but on Sunday I drove #2613 home for the first time in over two years.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 723 of 920 FirstFirst ... 223 623 673 713 721 722 723 724 725 733 773 823 ... LastLast