FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 786 of 920 FirstFirst ... 286 686 736 776 784 785 786 787 788 796 836 886 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,860 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3757

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    I ate Patrick's car.
    Did it taste like Chicken?

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

Nothing...it got to the edge of my diveway and then I discovered Hervey screwed me.

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Installed a DPI throttle shield that I coated and put an emblem on. It hides the throttle position sensor nicely. Also installed a stainless DeLoreanGo header bottle cap.
    That looks really nice.

Is that wrinkle finish paint on the throttle shield?

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by AirmanPika View Post
    Nothing...it got to the edge of my diveway and then I discovered Hervey screwed me.
    How so?

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Installed a set of convex heated mirrors from DeLoreana.com, pretty sweet.

My VIN:    3455

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Replaced the coil and that did not fix it. So going to order a new cap and rotor.
    I went through all these same steps once and ultimately found a hairline crack in the ceramic of one of my plugs. By hairline I mean I never would have spotted it if I hadn’t been looking for it specifically. I had Ruled them out by checking gap and testing spark, but a buddy recommended I try new plugs anyway and it eliminated the skip. Later I found a YouTube video where they demonstrated the effects of a cracked plug under load. It fired fine at idle, but the spark became erratic as pressure increased. I went back and examined the old plugs and found a crack. I don’t know if over-tourqued it, or maybe it jumped off a counter during some work I’d done the prior month, but I hate to think how Long that issue would have gone on if I hadn’t just tried new plugs out of desperation. On the bright side, by the time I figured it out, the rest of my ignition system was in tip-top shape - new coil, rotor, cap, and wires.

https://youtu.be/DMIBHOrqQU4

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalB View Post
    I went through all these same steps once and ultimately found a hairline crack in the ceramic of one of my plugs. By hairline I mean I never would have spotted it if I hadn’t been looking for it specifically. I had Ruled them out by checking gap and testing spark, but a buddy recommended I try new plugs anyway and it eliminated the skip. Later I found a YouTube video where they demonstrated the effects of a cracked plug under load. It fired fine at idle, but the spark became erratic as pressure increased. I went back and examined the old plugs and found a crack. I don’t know if over-tourqued it, or maybe it jumped off a counter during some work I’d done the prior month, but I hate to think how Long that issue would have gone on if I hadn’t just tried new plugs out of desperation. On the bright side, by the time I figured it out, the rest of my ignition system was in tip-top shape - new coil, rotor, cap, and wires.

https://youtu.be/DMIBHOrqQU4
    Thanks for that tip. I do have an extra set of plugs but may wait till the rotor and cap get replaced. I've never replaced the rotor and cap so it may be original.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    That looks really nice.

Is that wrinkle finish paint on the throttle shield?
    Thanks! I used truck bed lining on the throttle shield, the underside of the engine cover, and on the coil cover.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    04629

Toll Window finally goes down!

Today I removed the old window motor/regulator (drivers side) and installed a new one. It took three tries to get this assembly inside the door, but I didn't get cut. Now I enjoy the window going down again.

Honestly I can't remember when this failed as I 'locked' the window in the up position until I found a regulator! (Thanks to a forum member that sold me his extra)

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Installed a DPI throttle shield that I coated and put an emblem on. It hides the throttle position sensor nicely. Also installed a stainless DeLoreanGo header bottle cap.
    I like that. Not over the top but very subtle and neat.

Page 786 of 920 FirstFirst ... 286 686 736 776 784 785 786 787 788 796 836 886 ... LastLast