FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 811 of 920 FirstFirst ... 311 711 761 801 809 810 811 812 813 821 861 911 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,110 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Almost every night this week I have been under the hood doing minor service, sprucing up, and detailing. Tonight I am done with the engine bay, on to the undercarriage where I will be quite busy with new pads and refreshed rotors, fluid and filter changes, and more waxing the frame.

I did redo the intake piping. I got new parts at the local parts store and fitted a flange on the pontoon to give the assembly a nice finished look. I was never happy with the air cleaner side either, I picked up an adapter with just a sprinkle of rice. New plugs, fresh clean and oil of the K&N filter, new idler bearings and repainted brackets, new belts, new rebuilt and cleaned alternator, and complete detail of the engine, timing cover, block and bay. I do have a nice new plated hose bracket since I polished all the zinc off the old one but I will change it when I replace the coolant.

Attachment 62248
    Attachment 62249
    Attachment 62251
    Attachment 62250
    Bravo man! You must have amazing patience and a huge passion for these cars. Beautiful engine bay!
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
    Bravo man! You must have amazing patience and a huge passion for these cars. Beautiful engine bay!
    Thank you and thanks again for the invite. I may do a Nashville meet later this year.

I do hear the word "patience" a lot especially when people see my scale models. Patience is tolerating something that displeases you. I love tinkering with the car. Finding something that is normally dirty and even unseen and making it nice is more of a therapy for me than a chore.

Later this month I am putting this thing on a lift for at least a week to go over the underside amd detail everything. It hasn't been done properly in a year or so and I have to do some maintenance. I am really looking forward to that. Pics to come.

My VIN:    3990

Need a little help here. When I purchased my car, the passenger knee pad was not attached and on the floor of the car ripped apart. I've recovered the fabric, but all of the bolts except one were broken off the back. I was able to find 3 bolts in the car, but I see 5 holes. My plan is to JB clear weld these back in and reinstall it. Only issue is I don't know which holes (3 out of 5) would be best to use.

Any thoughts?
    See below photo.

IMG_5530.jpg

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Need a little help here. When I purchased my car, the passenger knee pad was not attached and on the floor of the car ripped apart. I've recovered the fabric, but all of the bolts except one were broken off the back. I was able to find 3 bolts in the car, but I see 5 holes. My plan is to JB clear weld these back in and reinstall it. Only issue is I don't know which holes (3 out of 5) would be best to use.

Any thoughts?
    See below photo.

IMG_5530.jpg
    My kneepad plastic crumbled around the studs as well a while back, and I was missing one or two. I just got a small piece of threaded rod, cut it, and jb-welded it in place of the missing correct studs. (I used a combination of the liquid-gel epoxy and the moldable clay type depending on how exactly it was broken)
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    3937

Another option if trying to replace missing bolts on those kneepads is to use the studs that are meant for the exhaust manifolds. Not an exact fit, but useable.

https://store.delorean.com/p-6459-stud.aspx

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    3990

Thanks for the advice! Do i really need all 5? Or will the three i have hold it securely in place? There is still one intact, so that would be a total of 4.

I found this photo of someone else's restoration. Is the bolt circled different from the rest?

knee guard.jpg
    Last edited by Skinny; 01-05-2020 at 04:25 PM.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Thanks for the advice! Do i really need all 5? Or will the three i have hold it securely in place? There is still one intact, so that would be a total of 4.

I found this photo of someone else's restoration. Is the bolt circled different from the rest?

knee guard.jpg
    I’m sure missing one would not be a problem. Even if you don’t have the original stud, it’s not a problem. Just get a threaded rod or any bolt with long enough threads, cut to length or cut off the head, epoxy it in place, and get a nut to match it. The studs originally attached are all the same size, but it doesn’t matter what you use to repair it.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Almost every night this week I have been under the hood doing minor service, sprucing up, and detailing. Tonight I am done with the engine bay, on to the undercarriage where I will be quite busy with new pads and refreshed rotors, fluid and filter changes, and more waxing the frame.

I did redo the intake piping. I got new parts at the local parts store and fitted a flange on the pontoon to give the assembly a nice finished look. I was never happy with the air cleaner side either, I picked up an adapter with just a sprinkle of rice. New plugs, fresh clean and oil of the K&N filter, new idler bearings and repainted brackets, new belts, new rebuilt and cleaned alternator, and complete detail of the engine, timing cover, block and bay. I do have a nice new plated hose bracket since I polished all the zinc off the old one but I will change it when I replace the coolant.

Attachment 62248
    Attachment 62249
    Attachment 62251
    Attachment 62250
    Lovely stuff Michael.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    6409

Club(s):   (DOC-UK) (DOI)

Wow Michael, fair play to you, brilliant to see!
    only from the past can we choose the correct path for the future...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Thanks everyone! I enjoy detailing the smallest and most hidden nooks and crannies. Tonight I got started on the brakes. I replaced the pads with EBC Green Stuff pads and refinished the hubs and rotors. I also touched up the calipers. I polished off the zinc coating several years ago but refinished them in gold and it has held up very well over the years. I wanted to make the assembley visible to anyone who would peer through the wheel fins for a closer look. I will get on the rears Friday or Saturday and hopefully have the front and rear suspension detailed by the weekend.

20200108_203153.jpg20200108_203127.jpg
    20200108_203106.jpg
    20200108_193914.jpg
    20200108_194728.jpg
    20200108_194725.jpg
    20200108_194640.jpg

Page 811 of 920 FirstFirst ... 311 711 761 801 809 810 811 812 813 821 861 911 ... LastLast