FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Mystery Connector

My VIN:    17040

Mystery Connector

Mystery Connector.jpg
    Any idea what this connector goes to? It looks like it's disappearing back in there but it's coming from the rear of the bundle of wires that the green highlight is leading to right by the fans. I haven't noticed the car doing anything weird, but I'm sure it needs to go somewhere. I looked for 10 minutes trying to find where it goes with no luck. Knowing me I looked at the right place several times.
    Last edited by NOWAX; 04-28-2024 at 08:08 PM.

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by NOWAX View Post
    Mystery Connector.jpg
    Any idea what this connector goes to? It looks like it's disappearing back in there but it's coming from the rear of the bundle of wires that the green highlight is leading to right by the fans. I haven't noticed the car doing anything weird, but I'm sure it needs to go somewhere. I looked for 10 minutes trying to find where it goes with no luck. Knowing me I looked at the right place several times.
    Just a guess here. Look on the left corner of the condenser where the a/c hose goes, there should also be a switch. Is the plug on the switch? It kinda looks like the plug for that switch if the round section is broke off. This is going by your vin.

Dave B.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    2678

Another try: Could be the connector to the brake fluid sensor. It can be seen through a hole on the left side of the trunk. There should be a black connector connected to the red connector of the sensor. This is how it looks like, when the cover plate is removed from the trunk:

brake-fluid-reservoir.jpg

The white cord is only to prevent the connector from falling down, when unconnecting it through the small hole.
    Last edited by pk2678; Yesterday at 02:47 AM.
    Always a filled fuel tank.

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by pk2678 View Post
    Another try: Could be the connector to the brake fluid sensor. It can be seen through a hole on the left side of the trunk. There should be a black connector connected to the red connector of the sensor. This is how it looks like, when the cover plate is removed from the trunk:

brake-fluid-reservoir.jpg

The white cord is only to prevent the connector from falling down, when unconnecting it through the small hole.
    Yeah that is definitely the connection for the brake fluid sensor. When the brake fluid is low, that is what turns the brake light on in the dashboard.

-Nick

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by NJP548 View Post
    Yeah that is definitely the connection for the brake fluid sensor. When the brake fluid is low, that is what turns the brake light on in the dashboard.

-Nick
    I agree I can see it know. If he didn't highlight it the way it is.

Dave B.

My VIN:    17040

It was indeed the connector to the brake fluid sensor. It fits really snug, so I don't know how it came undone. Thanks everyone!

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by NOWAX View Post
    It was indeed the connector to the brake fluid sensor. It fits really snug, so I don't know how it came undone. Thanks everyone!
    +1 for the Hivemind
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club