FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 748 of 920 FirstFirst ... 248 648 698 738 746 747 748 749 750 758 798 848 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,480 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    03572

Floor Jack failed

My 40 year old Craftsman floor jack failed today. No problems caused since I have jack stands and blocks holding the car. After the thousands of times the valve on the jack has been opened and closed, the threads just wore out and the jack dropped.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    My 40 year old Craftsman floor jack failed today. No problems caused since I have jack stands and blocks holding the car. After the thousands of times the valve on the jack has been opened and closed, the threads just wore out and the jack dropped.
    Glad you are OK!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    3937

The weatherman sure didn't cooperate, but the show still went on. And a good show it was. Really great job by the guys organizing everything. 80s and 90s cars and culture. KITT, the General Lee, a Jurassic Park jeep, retro video games... and umbrellas. Hopefully the skies are clear next year.

(No idea who the video guy is).

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Got some more crud out of the cooling system. Cascade liquid detergent seems to be doing a fine job.

IMG_0291.jpg
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    <2000

Today, I cleaned the engine wire harness inside the Zip-on tubing cover (106170). It was previously dusty and the cover was crooked.

Cleaned and reinstalled.

I lost a half point on this at Celebration this Spring so I figured I'd take care of it before Lakeland show.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    02613

Replaced the dead passenger door light switch with a magnetic reed switch and neodymium magnet.

door magnet.jpg

door switch.jpg

Got this idea from someone here on DMCTalk. Can't remember who it was now.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Wow, glad you're ok too.

This happened to me one day (bottle jack failure), but not while I was using it (thankfully). I was about to start work on my car, got the jack out, placed it, and started jacking. Went up to the bottom of the car, but wouldn't push it up, just kept slipping back down. It was about 35 years old, and about 6 months since I had last used it. Don't think it was the threads that wore out though.

Lesson here is, don't ever trust one single jack. Even before this happened, I always use two jacks and no less than two jack stands.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

door switch

Wow, that's a great idea....could you do a write up?

My VIN:    <2000

Well, I performed an impromptu leak test on my newish weather seals when I got caught in a heavy downpour while out and about today. (I try to drive the car in good weather.)

I was at an auto parts store getting a part for my daily driver, and the skies opened up. I waited 15 minutes inside the store until it stopped raining and went out to shammy the water off. The great thing is that the car was completely dry inside, headliners included. Whew!!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    03572

I Helicoil'ed my three starter mounting bolts today. I'm don't trust China tools much but for this job this kit worked fine. Not much of a test since it's not in a steel repair. I used blue locktite on the inserts just to make sure they don't move.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192388731132

I also bought longer bolts because the OEM bolts were a little short to use all the thread of the starter (the Autozone smaller starter). OEM bolts are 8mm 1.25 45 mm long so I got 50 mm long bolts.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 748 of 920 FirstFirst ... 248 648 698 738 746 747 748 749 750 758 798 848 ... LastLast