FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 734 of 920 FirstFirst ... 234 634 684 724 732 733 734 735 736 744 784 834 ... LastLast
Results 7,331 to 7,340 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    I spent 3+ hours tonight going through the Millennium Concours judging manual to appraise my car (to the best of my understanding) after almost 2 years of sweating the details since I purchased it from Ben (Soundkillr on DMCTalk) in 2016.

I lost points to things like recovered headliner material not having the accurate grain, a small crack in my ash tray outer rim (also missing inside clip), no hood seal (I chose not to install it for cosmetic reasons), silicone hoses instead of rubber, new non-original compressor and alternator, stainless clutch lines, a small crack on my windshield (bottom LH right), early 00s repainted facias (by previous owner) being glossy instead of matte and an 82 muffler (instead of 81) and a bunch of other small details.

Losing points for things like non-original batteries, struts, oil filters, belt brands, tires and LED bulbs are kinda funny for those of us that actually drive our cars, but I totally appreciate that Concours is all about accuracy.

I’ve been on a mission to achieve near-Concours condition and accuracy but with the benefit of all modern updates being completed to make it a safe, drivable car. The best of both worlds.

As always, there’s a bunch of things to improve here and there, but it’s SO much fun.

Raising a glass to those of you who adore their DeLoreans and love sweating the details.

It's a fun and sobering experience. Here's the link to the website if anyone else wants to put themselves through it…

http://www.deloreanmarquecertification.com

Cheers!

PS. A huge tip of the hat to James Espey and everyone who dedicated their time and energy to create the manual.

How many points do you lose for the BAE?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    How many points do you lose for the BAE?
    Haha. None. The BAE turbo kit came off almost two years ago when I returned it to stock for CA emissions. I sold the kit back to Ben, who then sold it here on DMCTalk.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Ah. Missed that. I thought he was selling a spare unit.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    Early

Well, I removed the four year old DMCH alternator. Bearing is on its way out and the idle output is insufficient for my needs.

I'm going with the cs144 alternator off a 2000 escalade. To make it fit, I ordered a bracket that converts a Motorola 1" mount to a Delco 2" mount. Will have that in a few days...

Size difference is crazy!
    IMG_20180522_1403461.jpgIMG_20180522_1404224.jpg
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Started the frame separation today, I am taking this extremely slow...lol

IMAG3464.jpg
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Might take a while with just a floor jack...hehe
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    Early

Installed the cs144 today.

IMG_20180524_1843388.jpgIMG_20180524_1843499.jpgIMG_20180524_1843566.jpg

Sits kind of close to the cat, but time will tell if that matters...
    Last edited by 81dmc; 05-24-2018 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Fixed the attachments
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalB View Post
    Plasti-dipped my rims today using a color called Matte Satin White Aluminum

Attachment 56395

Attachment 56396
    Looks fantastic! Pricey? No need to disclose $ amount. Just curious. Thx!

My VIN:    3455

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Carpenter View Post
    Looks fantastic! Pricey? No need to disclose $ amount. Just curious. Thx!
    It was about $60 for this kit. I think you can save a little if you buy the cans individually (It comes w/ 4 cans and only took 2.5 cans, 6 coats on each wheel), but this kit came with a microfiber towel, some spray to make the paint adhere better, and some spray to make overspray removal easier. It also came with some thin plastic to work behind the rims and cover the brakes if you choose not to take the wheels off the car.

I was a little concerned how the color turned out since you never know exactly how it will look based on pictures from the web, but I think it's a pretty close match to original.

My VIN:    3937

Got some stainless dent repairs done as well as a full regrain. It really is incredible to see the difference. I had a couple fairly significant dings that were on the car ever since I got it in 2007. Now you'd never even know they were once there. One was a crease on the passenger rear quarter with some scratches that extended onto the door (likely caused by someone turning too closely into a curb or something) and the other was at the top of the driver's door, in the back corner where it meets the inside corner of the t-panel (guessing that a strut changeout went bad and the door got dropped on the extended strut which then kinked the t-panel and flared up the corner edge of the door). Absolutely magical what can be done when put into the right hands. Beauty.

IMG_5230.jpgIMG_5229.jpgIMG_5226.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 734 of 920 FirstFirst ... 234 634 684 724 732 733 734 735 736 744 784 834 ... LastLast