FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 868 of 920 FirstFirst ... 368 768 818 858 866 867 868 869 870 878 918 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,680 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    11596

Haven't participated in this thread in quite a while but I'm getting back into working my car. Today I did a really quick update and cleaned up my air intake. Way long ago I got rid of the chimney pipe junk when I switched to headers. At that time I found some funky intake hose make out of plastic fabric and basically a slinky. Hey, it worked. But then Painterdave showed me a better 3" intake hose by Spectre. Only about $14 and just put it in tonight. It comes with a rubber boot that fits snugly over the original plastic hose adapter that goes on the air filter box. On the other side, the plastic adapter end fits nicely into the pontoon though I did add a few wraps of electrical tape to make a tighter fit. You'll have to remove the factory edging that goes into the pontoon hole. I also decided not to use the original intake hose clamp since it's not necessary. Just more clutter removed.

IMG_20210610_180247_01.jpg
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    4626

Got a new stereo installed

Just had a bunch of work done to the car and decided it was finally time to do a stereo upgrade so I could have Bluetooth and handsfree. It is a VDO Bluetooth/aux/USB headunit. I tried to get something that had the 80s look. Super happy with it on my 1 hour and 1/2 drive home

IMG_6581.jpg

Here are the links if interested:
    Headunit: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-vdo-part...7412ub-or~con/
    Wiring Harness: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My VIN:    10722

vinyl wrapped Delorean

I had my painted car vinyl wrapped a couple of months ago so I decided to wrap the top of the air cleaner also. I think it works.

Andy
    Attached Images

My VIN:    5312

Decided it was time to redo my seats. Have the new skins from dmch and just pulled the seats from the car
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Quote Originally Posted by gulwng3 View Post
    I had my painted car vinyl wrapped a couple of months ago so I decided to wrap the top of the air cleaner also. I think it works.

Andy
    PM Sent
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664
    ---------------------------------

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Got my new Hankook tires delivered and subsequently installed on the wheels. Will be putting them on the car later today and might consider putting it back on the ground for the first time in several months.
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

I got around to re-crimping the ground that attaches to the passenger trailing arm. Things looked good, but the moment I touched that wire I could tell it was just hanging out in that bracket. So I removed it all, cleaned stuff up, crimped it, put it all back together and things are good.

Also while I was down there I decided to change the manual transmission fluid. The stuff that was in there looked good coming out. That whole process makes me want a lift or a pit in my garage.

My VIN:    Coming, hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Got my new Hankook tires delivered and subsequently installed on the wheels. Will be putting them on the car later today and might consider putting it back on the ground for the first time in several months.

Let us know how they look! If the deal works out on the D im looking at i will have to replace the original tires

My VIN:    Coming, hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by gulwng3 View Post

Andy
    Im usually repulsed by this, but it looks good!!

My VIN:    15275

Did an early 81 seat recover...

taking off the old seat skins from an early 81 car with a black interior... the skins were burgundy and dyed black.. as they are still burgundy on the inside edges .... some other parts of this early 81 were also burgundy showing thru the worn off black dye such as the rear armrest pieces.. so this shows that they were thinking of the burgundy interior in the begining....

Page 868 of 920 FirstFirst ... 368 768 818 858 866 867 868 869 870 878 918 ... LastLast