FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 920 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    6806

Club(s):   (DOI)

On the weekend I finally finished removing all the extraneous wiring, components and modules from the first owner's aftermarket cruise control and alarm system and buttoned up all the spliced wires:
    Attached Images

My VIN:    3937

By far the best thing getting done was putting a new fuel accumulator in. It went in reasonably well but had to get a little creative on fixing the pin hole leak in the metal fuel line that runs from the fuel filter to the accumulator.

Got my new Fiberglas glovebox insert installed (and wished the holes in it for the light bulb and switch were actually big enough to install those two things!)

I'm working on resealing my windshield and painting the black trim pieces. Also need to do another top up of the A/C freon as there is no doubt a slight leak still as it sat over the winter.

Winter storage saw a new wiper/horn/turn signals stalk assembly go in; new low and high note horns; new window switches (LED ones); fixed the reverse lockout button on my AT shifter; HVAC panel LED's installed; new engine cover grille retaining bars/clips installed; fixed engine bay light switch; fixed engine lower cover latch; installed new lighted ring cigar lighter/power outlet.

I think that's it . A friend said to me recently after I mentioned finishing some project on the car, "you've had that car for 4 years, isn't it done yet?!?". I guess the short answer is "it'll never be done!". There's always going to be something to work on on a 30 year old car... That's part of the fun!!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Adding ham radio

I'm adding ham radio, using the left rear inlet vent for the antenna (my AM/FM antenna is in windshield)

I'll also add 2 cameras for the blind spots on the car, monitors above the a/c vents.

Dave

My VIN:    01955

Paid for my freight costs, taxes and custom charges. Pick up beginning of next week.

FINALLY!!!

My VIN:    16409

Installed a Second Engine Bay Light & Did Some Other Engine Bay Tidying

I recently bought an engine bay light off the forum and got around to installing it. I thought it may be involved, but once I removed the tail lights, I had all the access I needed. I just tapped into the original light wiring, and strung new wire through the fascia to the other side. I was able to pop rivet the new light on. Drilling the holes were a bit of a challenge because the AC compressor got in the way of the drill. I had come at it from the other end. One of the pop rivets on the original light was not holding very well so I fixed that while I was there. The pictures show how I did the wiring.

I also did some sprucing up in the engine bay since I already had my hands in it. I've never really cared for electrical tape, it makes a sticky mess when it gets old. I got rid of most of the electrical tape in the engine bay, and replaced it with black silicone tape. I really like silicone tape, I've used it in my relay compartment as well. It's probably double the cost of electrical tape, but I will gladly pay it.

The ballast resistor bracket in my engine bay was very rusty, so I removed it for repainting. It looks much better now. I also repainted the metal rod that runs along the back wall of the engine bay. I made sure the connections to the ballast resistor were nice and clean before I reassembled everything.

I repainted the ignition coil cover as well, but I'd like to get a new sticker for it (I need one for the air box too). I'd like to get the stainless one that Ed sells.
    Attached Images
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

thats pretty nifty. i like mods that look like they could be stock. do you have any night/dark photos of the lights in action?

My VIN:    3937

Drove it. Decided any of my remaining nice to have, or cosmetic improvements are going to wait until the winter. She's running really well right now and there's nothing worse than not being able to get out on a nice summer night because the day before you decided to take a bunch of things apart!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    10186

ordered a fuel system kit, as well as a new water pump kit, relay update kit and spark plug wires for mine. just waiting for all of the goods to come in so i can get to work.

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

Cool

Got 1632 back from DMCCA with a brand new ignition switch (That was the issue, I mistakenly said it was the NSS in another thread. Sorry!) And I changed my own oil for the first time today. Really hoping I didn't break anything.
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

Installed the other rear speaker, now ripping out the steering rack. Stuck at the tie rod ends as usual. I can never get the things to pop out easily.

Page 5 of 920 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast