Page 735 of 754 FirstFirst ... 235 635 685 725 733 734 735 736 737 745 ... LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,350 of 7538

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

  1. #7341
    Senior Member DMC-81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Apr 2014

    Location:  Florida

    Posts:    1,723

    My VIN:    <2000

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Got some stainless dent repairs done as well as a full regrain.
    Wow, that looks awesome Jonathan!
    Dana

    1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

  2. #7342
    Customized Member 81dmc's Avatar
    Join Date:  Feb 2013

    Location:  Magnolia, TX

    Posts:    602

    My VIN:    831

    I finally did a tune up.

    Removed supply and return lines and lifted the mixture unit, injectors, cold start valve, WUR, and frequency valve as one unit. Makes things easier when you don't have to worry about 30 or so copper washers...

    Cleaned the rotor and cap contacts. Both simply looked too new to replace.

    Installed 8mm wires and Bosch Iridium 9608 plugs to complement my Pertronix coil. The plugs already come pre gapped at .044" so no problem there...

    Reinstalled everything, and it fired up immediately! I will take my car on a long Memorial Day drive to verify all is good.
    Rodolfo
    VR6 Swap in Progress...
    Delorean.eu Roof Box, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster w/Cruise, QA1 Suspension.

  3. #7343
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    4,252

    My VIN:    3937

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Wow, that looks awesome Jonathan!
    Thanks! Hard to do it justice with the photos alone. It's amazing to me how much lighter or brighter it is. Like after a layer of darkness or filth or oxidation got removed. Closer to what it might have looked like when it rolled off the line in Dunmurry years ago.


    Sept. 81, auto, black interior

  4. #7344
    October 1981 C.Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2016

    Location:  Bay Area, CA

    Posts:    101

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    I finally found time this holiday weekend to detail my engine bay. 8 hours later, she looks quite lovely.

    It all started with my light switch bracket - possibly the ugliest part on my car. I finally got it off to strip, blast and powder coat it last week. Cardinal Flat Black E300-BK147 is a nice powder match to the original flaky paint if your ever going to refinish yours.

    With the bracket looking so good I started detailing the resistor, the screws, the wires… the list goes on. I didn’t go quite as nuts as you crazy (but amazing) lot that wire-wheel your whole engines. I kept it to visible hand-reachable wipeable areas only.

    Not the most glamorous of cleaning tasks but the effort is definitely worth it if you sweat the details.

    Now go grab your own toothbrush.































    Oct 1981 DeLorean DMC-12
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and proud owner.

  5. #7345
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    4,252

    My VIN:    3937

    That looks really good. I've had the same thoughts recently about the resistor bracket. Mine is flaking too. Figure I'll pull it off for a clean-up and repaint pretty soon. Going to do the intrusion brackets up front as well as I noticed they have gotten a little worn looking over time.


    Sept. 81, auto, black interior

  6. #7346
    Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2017

    Location:  Indianapolis, Indiana

    Posts:    91

    My VIN:    04629

    What I did lately

    While my interior is 'open' ( no seats, console ) I've cleaned my carpets and after a few days, when I went to check their dryness, I noticed a dark looking piece sitting on my hood. On closer inspection it was the mirror glass from the passenger side door. It fell from open door(s) on to the hood, which was protected by some extra carpet laying on the hood.
    So I went to check the mirror on the open drivers door, barely touching the mirror assembly, it fell into my hand!
    I guess I'm blessed, because now I won't have to do the hair dryer method of removing the glass. The mirror itself is very faded and doesn't reflect too well, off to buying a new pair!

  7. #7347
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2012

    Posts:    5

    Engine bay looking fantastic, mine isn't bad but makes me want to get out there and start cleaning it!

    Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

  8. #7348
    October 1981 C.Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2016

    Location:  Bay Area, CA

    Posts:    101

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    That looks really good. I've had the same thoughts recently about the resistor bracket. Mine is flaking too. Figure I'll pull it off for a clean-up and repaint pretty soon. Going to do the intrusion brackets up front as well as I noticed they have gotten a little worn looking over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_watcher87 View Post
    Engine bay looking fantastic, mine isn't bad but makes me want to get out there and start cleaning it!
    Cheers guys.
    Oct 1981 DeLorean DMC-12
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and proud owner.

  9. #7349
    Senior Member DMC-81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Apr 2014

    Location:  Florida

    Posts:    1,723

    My VIN:    <2000

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    I finally found time this holiday weekend to detail my engine bay. 8 hours later, she looks quite lovely.

    It all started with my light switch bracket - possibly the ugliest part on my car. I finally got it off to strip, blast and powder coat it last week. Cardinal Flat Black E300-BK147 is a nice powder match to the original flaky paint if your ever going to refinish yours.

    With the bracket looking so good I started detailing the resistor, the screws, the wires… the list goes on. I didn’t go quite as nuts as you crazy (but amazing) lot that wire-wheel your whole engines. I kept it to visible hand-reachable wipeable areas only.

    Not the most glamorous of cleaning tasks but the effort is definitely worth it if you sweat the details.
    Great work Colin!
    Dana

    1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

  10. #7350
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Las Vegas

    Posts:    555

    My VIN:    6720

    Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

    I crossed 78,000 miles!
    Attached Images
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    Spax Shocks, DCUK springs, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI cat-less exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Page 735 of 754 FirstFirst ... 235 635 685 725 733 734 735 736 737 745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •