FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 758 of 920 FirstFirst ... 258 658 708 748 756 757 758 759 760 768 808 858 ... LastLast
Results 7,571 to 7,580 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes, I know I can do all the checks except the brake lamps by just walking around.
    You can check the brake lamps by bypassing the brake light switch with a jumper.

I don't know any way of checking the reverse lamps, though, without a mirror, camera, or helper.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    10353

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    You can check the brake lamps by bypassing the brake light switch with a jumper.

I don't know any way of checking the reverse lamps, though, without a mirror, camera, or helper.
    I do this when parked in my garage or backed up to a wall / large store front window. It's pretty easy to see if both reverse lights are on through the rear window as they reflect off the garage door. Or brake lights and turn signals too

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    I do this when parked in my garage or backed up to a wall / large store front window. It's pretty easy to see if both reverse lights are on through the rear window as they reflect off the garage door. Or brake lights and turn signals too
    Yes, that's a nice way to go. Thanks. Jumpers or helpers - or other D drivers following the car at an event - are all good solutions.

The story is shared mainly to remind owners to pay regular attention to this relatively simple but important bit of preventive maintenance.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Passed the 79,000 mile mark while out for a drive today
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes, that's a nice way to go. Thanks. Jumpers or helpers - or other D drivers following the car at an event - are all good solutions.

The story is shared mainly to remind owners to pay regular attention to this relatively simple but important bit of preventive maintenance.
    Reminded me of something I added to my annual inspection / checks list: Testing to see if the back-up cable I installed for the trunk release is still working.

I put this in years ago after having a frayed end to my original cable. Replaced the main cable and added a back-up one. Though it was years since I ever tried it again to make sure it was still working and something hadn't gotten loose or disconnected on it. Easy thing to do and much better to find out it needs attention at home in the garage than out somewhere when you need it in a panic after realizing your main cable snapped again.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Reminded me of something I added to my annual inspection / checks list: Testing to see if the back-up cable I installed for the trunk release is still working.
    I recently replaced the thin rope the PO used as a backup with some 18 gauge wire. Works beautifully, although it’s not that critical on my vehicle as there’s nothing in my trunk and I have a gas flap.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

I put this in years ago after having a frayed end to my original cable. Replaced the main cable and added a back-up one. Though it was years since I ever tried it again to make sure it was still working and something hadn't gotten loose or disconnected on it. Easy thing to do and much better to find out it needs attention at home in the garage than out somewhere when you need it in a panic after realizing your main cable snapped again.
    Nice idea. I will do that on my backup release wire, too.

Along with this regular check can be an inspection of both ends of the trunk release cable. See if any wires are frayed. Replace cable as needed.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Fitted new oil switch sensor today.
    Robert
    Vin #391520181119_155947.jpg

IMG_4418.JPGIMG_4415.JPGIMG_4420.JPGIMG_4421.JPG

Installed DeLoreanGo's reproduction sun visors to replace my upholstered all grey ones, which were incorrect. Took a while to get them to line up right and get in but looks much better than the old ones.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    IMG_4418.JPGIMG_4415.JPGIMG_4420.JPGIMG_4421.JPG

Installed DeLoreanGo's reproduction sun visors to replace my upholstered all grey ones, which were incorrect. Took a while to get them to line up right and get in but looks much better than the old ones.
    Looks good. I've been considering replacing my sunvisors too. My car didn't come with any (d'oh!) but a friend gave me his old pair years ago. They're in decent shape, but not great and one of those things I've had on the to-do list way down towards the bottom.

I'm wondering which colour to get though. Are the ones you got the dark or the light pair? I technically have a black interior car but much of my carpeting seems to be more of a light gray and I kinda like it like that. Was thinking about going with the light gray sunvisors but didn't really know what they might end up looking like installed.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 758 of 920 FirstFirst ... 258 658 708 748 756 757 758 759 760 768 808 858 ... LastLast