FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 892 of 920 FirstFirst ... 392 792 842 882 890 891 892 893 894 902 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,920 of 9200

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBill View Post
    Working on ripping the guts out of the DeLorean this week.

At the moment the only thing keeping the wiring harness in the car is the wires that run through the firewall along the driver's side to the front lights and stuff - which I didn't know how to remove. In looking it up this evening, it appears I can remove a box that contains the windshield washer fluid reservoir and probably get access to the harness from there and disconnect it and pull it through into the cabin. I may also remove the carpets and scrape off that foam padding on the parcel shelf, which smells terrible.
    Bill,
    There are several connectors on that front main harness. Don't know how they got it in there, and not sure if you can pull it back through the firewall. Photo is looking up into the washer reservoir with bucket removed and wiring pulled out.
    Ron

Front main harness.JPGwiring in washer resevoir bucket.jpg

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Finally changed the gear oil in my Final Drive. The drain plug wasn't original and I had to find a 7mm square drive (it needs a 5/16 but I couldn't find that) to get it out. the fill plug was original 8mm. The nice bit is that the new drain plug was magnetic, so i cleaned the sludge off it, drained out the black crap oil and refilled with new oil. super easy once i had it open.

My VIN:    5510

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    Bill,
    There are several connectors on that front main harness. Don't know how they got it in there, and not sure if you can pull it back through the firewall. Photo is looking up into the washer reservoir with bucket removed and wiring pulled out.
    Ron
    The wiring harness diagram I found last night, but that is a nice picture to have of inside of the washer bottle area!!

The opening into the cabin is pretty large, so I think those connectors should all slide through without issue.

My VIN:    5510

I wrapped up removal of the interior components tonight!

Removing the tub that contains the windshield washer fluid was a nightmare due to shenanigans by a previous owner. They used T nuts on both sides - inside and out - and then super long screws. This T-nuts bit into the plastic and ate it to crap and wouldn't come off, and then of course they covered the entire thing in RTV. Half the bolts had been replaced with slotted screws that were all rusted to hell, and I had to cut two of them off. It took me an hour to get the box off!!

After that it was easy, though. The fluid bottle slips right out, then there are 3 connectors that came off no problem. Then from the cabin I pulled the harness through. It got stuck near the end, but wiggling and pushing and pulling and moving it around, eventually it came out.

Once the harness was fully removed I pulled most of the carpets and then scraped off the foam from the parcel shelf. The only thing left in the car right now is the climate control blower and stuff, which I don't need to move for the time being.

Next step - remove the body from the frame and get the final fuel lines out of there!

My VIN:    Early

Adjusted the automatic differential lash the redneck way since I had to replace those output shaft nuts due to damage.

To lock the pinion, I pulled the governor and stuck a flat loaded screwdriver between the gearing and strapped it in place. Then using the drain hole, I was able to see the play of the ring gear. Used a dual indicator to visually ballpark it between .12mm and .25mm of play. As for bearing preload, I remember it was set tightly, then back off 1.5 teeth.

Hopefully all turns out well with that.

BA8EC8D6-3A4B-461C-9E2F-1BA4B1E8D40F.jpg
    A284AFC4-A878-4FEF-9A98-190F2EA8ABAA.jpg
    B7E593D0-1579-4A36-A928-DD2E2F1C1DC5.jpg
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    2607

Maybe it is more dumb question if the day, but anyone knows what this mini radiator is for? Can't find it on any reference page. Maybe it's an addon made by the p.o.? It's located on the very right back side.

Enviado desde mi SM-G996U1 mediante Tapatalk

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysony View Post
    Maybe it is more dumb question if the day, but anyone knows what this mini radiator is for? Can't find it on any reference page. Maybe it's an addon made by the p.o.? It's located on the very right back side.

It's not Delorean.
    It's a aftermarket oil cooler. Could be for engine or automatic transmission oil.

Dave B.

My VIN:    2607

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    It's not Delorean.
    It's a aftermarket oil cooler. Could be for engine or automatic transmission oil.

Dave B.
    Thank you Dave. I'm guessing It's for the a.t. oil. Don't know if keep it or remove it, since it's leaking a little bit.

My VIN:    2065

AC and wiring question....

Quote Originally Posted by OZ DMC View Post
    working behind the fuel distributor against the firewall think I may have disconnected the line that comes from the left side of the bulkhead (marked in red in the photo)
    What does it do and where does it connect.

Many thanks
    OzDMC
    Quickly got this issue sorted but then noticed the AC would not turn on at all. I checked all the fuses and the fan fail the jumper lines to find the fuses ver corroded one fuse clearly heat affected. Two questions 1) where do I look next to fix the AC switch on problem? and 2) what is the unused connector (circled in the photo) for?

May be I need the Dave McKeen Fan Fail and Fan Relay update.....
    Wire harness question.jpg

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by OZ DMC View Post
    Quickly got this issue sorted but then noticed the AC would not turn on at all. I checked all the fuses and the fan fail the jumper lines to find the fuses ver corroded one fuse clearly heat affected. Two questions 1) where do I look next to fix the AC switch on problem? and 2) what is the unused connector (circled in the photo) for?

May be I need the Dave McKeen Fan Fail and Fan Relay update.....
    Wire harness question.jpg
    That unused relay socket is for the "hot start relay". Not used normally in the DMC but I now sell one.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 892 of 920 FirstFirst ... 392 792 842 882 890 891 892 893 894 902 ... LastLast