FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 564 of 920 FirstFirst ... 64 464 514 554 562 563 564 565 566 574 614 664 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 9198

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    That makes sense. I was going to buy this the other day, but the many negative reviews on Amazon now have me hesitating. It sounds like you've had a good experience so far, however. Seeing as how I'm not aware of better options for a similar price, I'm probably going to go with this unit too. Thanks!
    I bought an open box unit on Amazon for $30 shipped and figured it was worth experimenting with. So far so good, but we will see how it holds up with daily use this summer. The Legacy LN46 units that used to be recommended in the DeLorean community were trash and I went through 2 of them in the course of five years.

I do notice that this Metra antenna operates much more slowly (in terms of speed to extend and retract) than the Legacy LN46 did, but it is also much quieter.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    I bought an open box unit on Amazon for $30 shipped and figured it was worth experimenting with. So far so good, but we will see how it holds up with daily use this summer. The Legacy LN46 units that used to be recommended in the DeLorean community were trash and I went through 2 of them in the course of five years.

I do notice that this Metra antenna operates much more slowly (in terms of speed to extend and retract) than the Legacy LN46 did, but it is also much quieter.
    I had a similar experience with the Legacy LN46 unit being crap. Mine only retracts if I help push it down during the few seconds it attempts to go down on its own. It's basically a two-man job, which blows. I don't mind this Metra unit being slower, as long as it works. I'm going to give it a shot.
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    That makes sense. I was going to buy this the other day, but the many negative reviews on Amazon now have me hesitating. It sounds like you've had a good experience so far, however. Seeing as how I'm not aware of better options for a similar price, I'm probably going to go with this unit too. Thanks!
    Do yourself a favor and find the one with the black stainless mast. Otherwise, you will find as I did that it is impossible to keep the chrome or stainless mast clean. Trust me.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Do yourself a favor and find the one with the black stainless mast. Otherwise, you will find as I did that it is impossible to keep the chrome or stainless mast clean. Trust me.
    Glad I waited another day to buy this. I went with a new black mast for $44 on ebay. For future reference, the black one is the Metra 44-PW22B.
    Jared L.

My VIN:    Early

Received my NEW(er) Goodyear spare! Same size and brand as the 30 year old original. It comes from a 2007-2011 Nissan Versa.
    Attached Images
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    1776

Drove it for the first time since Christmas Day! I took advantage of the warm weather and took the Mrs. to dinner. The D ran like a top.

Finally fixed an issue I've been dealing with intermittently since I bought it 5 years ago. The front latch of the driver's side door would sometimes not unlatch when trying to open the door. There really was not rhyme or reason to when it would and would not open. Up until I put it away for winter, I could always get it open by pressing the lock switch further into the "unlock" position while pulling on the handle. That trick failed before winter and I put it away with a stuck door.

I got the upper and lower panel off with the door shut (total PITA, by the way). It turns out, the locking mechanism needed to be adjusted slightly. I tested it dozens of times after adjusting it and it opens every time. I'm glad it was so simple of a fix. The worst part of the repair was that my previously working mirror switch came apart and I can't get it put together so that it works. I tried for well over an hour, but the mini ball bearings just get pushed out of their position when I try to put the two pieces together. I may have to start a thread about that.

I also had to replace several fir trees that broke off when taking the upper and lower panels apart. My door easily opened all the way with no help when the internal panels were removed. With the added weight of the panels, it needs a lot of help to open all the way, but it does stay open. It leads me to believe that new door struts would fix this. Thoughts?

I also received my new Metra 44-PW22B automatic radio antenna and started to install it before I had to go out with my wife last night. I got to the point that I verified that it worked and will put it into position and clean everything up in the coming days. That's another issue I've been dealing with during my entire 5 years of ownership. It hasn't been a priority until recently.
    Jared L.

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Spent the evening at the Jacksonville Symphony showcasing my car for their showing of BTTF. They played the score live during the film, which was just plain awesome. Even got to meet Alan Silvestri, who was there to introduce the film.
    IMG_0656.jpgIMG_0663.jpg
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Spent the evening at the Jacksonville Symphony showcasing my car for their showing of BTTF. ]
    The Chicago Symphony Orchestra did this a week or two ago. One of their horn players is actually a DeLorean owner so they were able to use his car.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

I replaced a LockZilla keyless entry module with a DEI 712t. The LockZilla had been wired strangely. The lock/unlock connector on the module was missing and the lock/unlock functionality was controlled by the 2 aux channels. One fob was missing.

I now have 2 fobs and 2 additional channels.

I followed DrJeff's write up called, "Fitting a $10 Remote Key Control to the Delorean." It worked great.

Page 564 of 920 FirstFirst ... 64 464 514 554 562 563 564 565 566 574 614 664 ... LastLast