FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 336 of 920 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 436 836 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    It really wasn't a big deal. The officer was very professional and easy going about it. The probable cause was that my plate didn't run, which was her fault, but if a plate doesn't run I'd expect to get pulled over. In California not only can they run your plate whenever they want, there are automated systems that run ALL plates.
    Looks like I'll be staying away from CA in the foreseeable future - that's insane IMHO. I suppose that's their solution for battling auto theft - too bad things have gotten that bad in CA that it has come to that...

My VIN:    3757

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Looks like I'll be staying away from CA in the foreseeable future - that's insane IMHO. I suppose that's their solution for battling auto theft - too bad things have gotten that bad in CA that it has come to that...
    Ya... That is a reason to stay out of CA, cause we ALL get pulled over several times a day for no reason... REALLY?

Craig

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

As of 2012 Automated License Plate Recognition is used by >70% of police departments nationwide in the U.S. And it's similar outside the USA.

By the same token it is not employed everywhere in California.

It's possible that the officer who checked on David was doing a "manual" check or her ALPR was fooled by his CA Historical plate.

In any case drivers in most parts of most Western countries, including the U.S., have no reasonable expectation of anonymity (the records will display the registered owner) when on most public roads.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    3060

NSA! OBAMA! WORSE THAN HITLER!

...right?

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by timothymoore View Post
    me? ive not done anything with mine. its actually becoming an eye sore because i bought it as a project to work on at school where im going, but i had to send the title back to the person i bought it off of because it was an estate vehicle and i couldnt get it switched in my homestate because the owner and seller were 2 different people, so i sent the title back almost 3 months ago and havent got it let alone hear anything too constructive from the seller. i came within a fly's hair of parting it out (but im not going to do that after thinking about it for a loooooooong time). mines depressing everytime i look at it.
    Ouch, I went through that with Vin 5188. After 4 months of trying to get it corrected I brought a lawyer into the equation and the seller immediately said he would buy it back. NJ does not like title jumping which is what the seller was trying to do, as it seemed he didn't want to go through the trouble to get it registered and correct titles from the original owner who passed away. Anyway, it worked out for the best as I got a much better car with 1494
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

My VIN:    6313

Today I placed an order for a MaxJax from Costco ($2000 incl. Shipping until the end of March). I've spent plenty of time under the car on ramps and jack stands, so this will be a very nice change.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
    Ya... That is a reason to stay out of CA, cause we ALL get pulled over several times a day for no reason... REALLY?

Craig
    I just don't like 'big brother' tracking my every move. If you're fine with 'big brother' watching/tracking your every move, that's fine - more power to you. But I don't. Other states have more respect for privacy rights, thus I'll stick with those states. If CA wants me to visit, then they should enact laws to protect my privacy, as opposed to destroying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    As of 2012 Automated License Plate Recognition is used by >70% of police departments nationwide in the U.S. And it's similar outside the USA.

By the same token it is not employed everywhere in California.

It's possible that the officer who checked on David was doing a "manual" check or her ALPR was fooled by his CA Historical plate.

In any case drivers in most parts of most Western countries, including the U.S., have no reasonable expectation of anonymity (the records will display the registered owner) when on most public roads.
    David didn't do anything illegal. In order to conduct a stop, the police must have at a minimum a 'reasonable suspicion' that a crime is being committed. In David's case, there wasn't a 'reasonable suspicion' of any crime having been committed, thus the stop constituted little more than an unlawful false imprisonment. He could technically sue the police department for damages, but he'd probably lose given the current status of the CA judicial system.

Bottom line is that I don't like it when my rights/privacy are slowly eroded away under the guise of bettering the collective. I'm not a Borg drone - I'm an American who values the principles upon which this nation was founded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    NSA! OBAMA! WORSE THAN HITLER!

...right?
    I could write a whole book on this, but I'm afraid that I'd get in trouble for getting political. I will say that Hitler was far more honest than Obama has been...

If believing in the sanctity of privacy and protection of that privacy against extreme governmental intervention makes me an honorary member of tin foil hat gang, then so be it - I'll wear such a hat proudly. I least I stand for principles that adamantly believe in and am willing to fight for.

Last edited by NightFlyer; 03-21-2014 at 11:59 PM.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Annnnnnnnnyyy waaaaayyyyy.

I brought 3205 home last night. It had been living under traps at a friends compound while work on 3922 took place this winter. It's obvious I've got some work to do.

1. The gas pedal was stiff as a board - my guess is it's time to replace the throttle cable and really clean out the sheath with detergents and compressed air. I noticed in the past it was getting stiffer, but this is almost unusable - it may snap if i drove it like this. You can really exert a lot of force with your legs.

2. I got locked in for the first time ever. One of the latches on the drivers door would not release. It's been 4 years since my last lock'n latch procedure on 3205 so I guess I was due for a nice little lock-in.

3. Brake and clutch flush - it's been 3 years. I'm due.

4. Coolant flush - it's been 4 years. I'm due

5. Based on the previous 4 and my DeLorean related OCD I've come to the conclusion I need to do a frame off restoration. Hah.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    07000

What have you done to your DeLorean today?

You should submit your video to GoPro for their own channel. Nicely done!
    Last edited by Timebender; 03-22-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

I did the 6th oil change on my car since I got it 18 months ago. (Every 3,000 miles).
    I went with Synthetic oil this time based upon an original owners suggestion.

I watched David P's "Winters Drive" video and Loved it, So much that
    I went out and bought a GoPro setup that I'm still trying to figure out how it works. (I've also downloaded the App).
    I bought the suction cup mount and I didn't make it down my driveway before it fell off.
    I'm must be getting old because the best I could do with the GoPro, (So Far), was one pic.

This pic will Scare you....

George
    Attached Images
    Last edited by refugeefromcalif; 03-22-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

Page 336 of 920 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 436 836 ... LastLast