FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 662 of 920 FirstFirst ... 162 562 612 652 660 661 662 663 664 672 712 762 ... LastLast
Results 6,611 to 6,620 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

fuel pump harness

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    I would reccomend getting the correct GM plug for the pump. I didn't care for the one he provided. Here is my pump installed:

Attachment 52332

This is the cheapest price I've seen for the pump harness.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...3952&ppt=C0025

It's from O'reilly, and you can order it at the store if they don't have it in stock. It's available on RockAuto as well as an AC Delco part.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...423921&jsn=908

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...423921&jsn=907

The unfortunate thing is here in Australia we have no Rock Auto, No amazon, and they do not ship to Australia.
    we only have a few overpriced auto parts stores.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Now I can officially say that every single bulb on the car is led-powered minus the alternator light! Finally finished all the Halo wiring and the low beam and high beam for the driver side for the new LED conversion and they are very bright and I just need to get the car outside so I can adjust it properly.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    10353

20170703_105723.jpg

Started to smell fuel when I got home one day and noticed a decent leak at the hard line to the rear external fuel filter so just installed a new one from DMCH. Tightened as hard as I could and still leaked so ended up using a small amount of teflon tape on both connections at the L joint piece and I think that did it. Any ideas how old this filter is? Couldn't find a date on it.

The q-tips are not from my ears either!

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    20170703_105723.jpg

Started to smell fuel when I got home one day and noticed a decent leak at the hard line to the rear external fuel filter so just installed a new one from DMCH. Tightened as hard as I could and still leaked so ended up using a small amount of teflon tape on both connections at the L joint piece and I think that did it. Any ideas how old this filter is? Couldn't find a date on it.

The q-tips are not from my ears either!
    That looks like an original fuel filter from the dealer. An original part. I usually put Teflon tape on the bottom fitting, but not of the top one. Do you use two washers on the top banjo bolt?
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    10353

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    That looks like an original fuel filter from the dealer. An original part. I usually put Teflon tape on the bottom fitting, but not of the top one. Do you use two washers on the top banjo bolt?
    Ya I was wondering if it was original too. Has "Germany" stamped on the other side. I used teflon on only the bottom L piece for both where the hard line connects and then where it screws into the bottom of the filter. Couldn't get the hard line to seal otherwise. And ya I used just the two washers for the top banjo bolt, definitely no tape there!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

The fact that it says "West Germany" gives you an idea of how old it is . Pre 1990 at least.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    The fact that it says "West Germany" gives you an idea of how old it is . Pre 1990 at least.
    Good catch. DM

NOS from factory inventory most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    2065

Air Conditioner - stop/start issue

I suspect I have a problem with my air conditioning. When I run the car and turn the air conditioning switch to the first position (Max, with the fan turned on) the cooling fans and the conditioner operate but only for about 5 seconds then shut down. They start again after another 5 seconds and I can hear the click of the solenoid from behind the passenger’s seat.

This intermittent operation can’t be normal.

Any thoughts, help or advice welcome.
    Thank You

My VIN:    16409

Cycling is normal but 5 seconds seems a bit short. With original wiring, the AC fans run when the AC clutch is engaged. Some aftermarket fan controllers keep the fans running continuously as long as the AC is switched on. There's also a wiring modification you can make to force fans to run when the mode swrich is selected to Max or Norm regardless if the AC clutch is engaged.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Now I can officially say that every single bulb on the car is led-powered minus the alternator light! Finally finished all the Halo wiring and the low beam and high beam for the driver side for the new LED conversion and they are very bright and I just need to get the car outside so I can adjust it properly.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Those halos look awesome!

just one thing...

do they have a blue cast to them?

Page 662 of 920 FirstFirst ... 162 562 612 652 660 661 662 663 664 672 712 762 ... LastLast