FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 648 of 920 FirstFirst ... 148 548 598 638 646 647 648 649 650 658 698 748 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    I spent the past few days replacing the aftermarket radio that was in there with the original Craig, replacing the AC panel bulbs with LEDs, upgrading the linkage bushings under the shifter, and rebuilding the mode switch.

Attachment 51201
    Thanks for posting the pics! This is on my to-do list this year and the photos and speaker idea is really helpful.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

My VIN:    10353

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    I spent the past few days replacing the aftermarket radio that was in there with the original Craig, replacing the AC panel bulbs with LEDs, upgrading the linkage bushings under the shifter, and rebuilding the mode switch.
    How did you wire in the sub? Was it through the aux cable you installed?

I think those seeds in your shifter may have been from a rodent, it's easy access from underneath the car. I had a nice rat nest in mine when I replaced the bushings.

My VIN:    6472

Quote Originally Posted by adam_knox View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics! This is on my to-do list this year and the photos and speaker idea is really helpful.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    No problem!

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    How did you wire in the sub? Was it through the aux cable you installed?

I think those seeds in your shifter may have been from a rodent, it's easy access from underneath the car. I had a nice rat nest in mine when I replaced the bushings.
    For the amp inputs I spliced into the rear left & right speaker wires. So that's what those seeds are, makes sense now. Thanks

Damn, I was one post off from #6472 (my vin) in this thread!

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Gregadeth ... from the photos, it looks like you are missing the BIG rubber grommet/gaiter that goes around the shifter (unless you removed it during installation). I'm pretty sure that it is Part #: 105437 (verify before ordering). I noticed that there was various noises that radiated from the shifter area. I didn't even know about it until a visit to DMCMW. After installation it is noticeably quieter.

It is not clear why my car didn't have one unless it was a later add.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    6472

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    Gregadeth ... from the photos, it looks like you are missing the BIG rubber grommet/gaiter that goes around the shifter (unless you removed it during installation). I'm pretty sure that it is Part #: 105437 (verify before ordering). I noticed that there was various noises that radiated from the shifter area. I didn't even know about it until a visit to DMCMW. After installation it is noticeably quieter.

It is not clear why my car didn't have one unless it was a later add.
    I do actually have that part, it's just not in any of my pictures. Thanks anyway for checking

My VIN:    3937

I had all four wheels rebalanced over the winter off season. I've put about 150 miles on the car so far this season and can say that it made a big difference. Really nice and smooth. I used to get a speed wobble feel up around 100 km/hr. I had gone over the whole suspension and nothing was out of sorts. I figured it was the wheels and sure enough it was. The car drives nice at higher speeds now. Lots of fun having all that raw power at your disposal, lol. Might go find myself a speeding ticket at some point!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    Early

Recovered my fiberglass door headliners with new black material. Next up are the main boards.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Installed a vent hose on the oil filler cap since i have a different air box and applied some Griots Garage Leather conditioner to the interior.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Bought a new transmission jack and am trying it out.
    Transmission Jack.jpg

My VIN:    10201

I parked it in my garage

Page 648 of 920 FirstFirst ... 148 548 598 638 646 647 648 649 650 658 698 748 ... LastLast