FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 761 of 920 FirstFirst ... 261 661 711 751 759 760 761 762 763 771 811 861 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,610 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    What is your lube of choice?
    I use a silicone spray made by DuPont, but I am sure there are other brands available.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    3937

I did the last few things on my winter storage checklist for putting the car away. That sort of weather is here to stay now and the car won't come out again until the Spring.

Looks like I put just over 2,800 miles on the car this season with a fuel economy of about 23 MPG. The highlight this year in terms of work or projects was getting all my stainless made new again with some dent repair and a full regrain. That's the most miles I have ever put on the car in a single season since getting it in 2007.

I bumped into the mechanic the other day that used do much of the work on my car when I first got it. I mentioned to him that same thing about putting the most miles on the car since I got it and he asked me what changed? I wasn't really sure how to answer, but I told him it wasn't so much the car that changed or improved, it was more about me changing and how I chose to enjoy the car this year.

I made a conscious effort to try and be less affected by those around me when I drive it. Part of that was just driving it when and where I wanted to and not as much in situations where I felt obligated to be there. I still went to a lot of shows and cruise nights, but more so on my own terms. I finally figured out that I don't owe anyone anything in terms of reacting or embracing their interest or attention. And I needed to relearn how to focus and tune out distractions. Plus, I went on many of these early evening drives that were just a little 35+ mile lap to nowhere inparticular. Out for an hour or so and back to where you started. The routine of those evening laps was a lot of fun for me.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I went on many of these early evening drives that were just a little 35+ mile lap to nowhere inparticular. Out for an hour or so and back to where you started. The routine of those evening laps was a lot of fun for me.
    I too have a 1 hour loop that I enjoy driving on a regular basis. In fact, in the few months that I’ve owned mine I’ve completely changed my mind on when I will drive the car. I figured at first it would only be on special occasions or car shows, etc. Now I find myself saying “what the hell” and taking it to the bank, the barber shop, local restaurants, etc. I’m on track to put 5,000 miles on it in my first year of ownership.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Drove 60 miles, mostly highway. In south Florida, it's always driving season. B)
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    I too have a 1 hour loop that I enjoy driving on a regular basis. In fact, in the few months that I’ve owned mine I’ve completely changed my mind on when I will drive the car. I figured at first it would only be on special occasions or car shows, etc. Now I find myself saying “what the hell” and taking it to the bank, the barber shop, local restaurants, etc. I’m on track to put 5,000 miles on it in my first year of ownership.
    The "loop" should be in every owner's book. After work I might take 5609 out for just a short drive close to home to enjoy the car and the drive, no schedule, no expectations from anyone. I have always enjoyed driving just for driving's sake. I live in a part of the country that has a plethora of nice winding roads to choose from and several established loops, but every so often I find myself exploring new roads and seeing where they lead and most times they lead me to an interesting forgotton "mom and pop" store or resturant, and yes, the occasional chatty Cathy (which I enjoy). The DeLorean feeds my spirit on many levels. For me It melds gt fun with a vintage flair mixed with social fellowship and my own desire to explore the world in my dream car. Car shows and cruise in's maybe 2 or 3 times a year, tops. I would rather have a nice day, my DeLorean, and no commitments except to flip a coin to determine left or right when I reach the end of my driveway.
    Last edited by Michael; 12-09-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The "loop" should be in every owner's book. After work I might take 5609 out for just a short drive close to home to enjoy the car and the drive, no schedule, no expectations from anyone. I have always enjoyed driving just for driving's sake. I live in a part of the country that has a plethora of nice winding roads to choose from and several established loops, but every so often I find myself exploring new roads and seeing where they lead and most times they lead me to an interesting forgotton "mom and pop" store or resturant, and yes, the occasional chatty Cathy (which I enjoy). The DeLorean feeds my spirit on many levels. For me It melds gt fun with a vintage flair mixed with social fellowship and my own desire to explore the world in my dream car. Car shows and cruise in's maybe 2 or 3 times a year, tops. I would rather have a nice day, my DeLorean, and no commitments except to flip a coin to determine left or right when I reach the end of my driveway.
    Well said, Michael.

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Im currently shipping my car and awaiting her arrival after a long seperation. Im looking for my loop now but this is what my car has always meant to me. You put it very elegantly.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Went out and looked at Christmas lights tonight. The car got more attention than the lights at a lot of the places we stopped at.

20181222_191415.jpg

New clutch master

Installed a new clutch matter cylinder from deloreango, and bleed the system. Not a huge job but, I am pretty proud of myself. Haha

My VIN:    6806

Club(s):   (DOI)

Continued to work on refitting the cylinder heads. I noticed in the manual tonight that page C:01:01 para 2 states "The right and left side of the engine is determined as viewed standing at the rear of the vehicle looking into the engine compartment". But once you actually get into the manual, e.g. on page C:05:07, the RH is described to have the dipstick and distributor... Anyone ever notice this? Is there any consistency in the manual or does it flip flop? Or am I reading it wrong?

Page 761 of 920 FirstFirst ... 261 661 711 751 759 760 761 762 763 771 811 861 ... LastLast