FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 909 of 921 FirstFirst ... 409 809 859 899 907 908 909 910 911 919 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,090 of 9201

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    03500

Had to take my D to the shop for the first time in my 8 years of ownership. Putting in a new clutch because the throwout bearing seized. Now I'm waiting on the flywheel to get machined. She only has a little over 19k on her. I know what some will say but I replaced a somewhat jumpy original but functional angle drive shortly after getting the car.

Dave B.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 05-30-2023 at 02:20 PM.

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    Had to take my D to the shop for the first time in my 8 years of ownership. Putting in a new clutch because the throwout bearing seized. Now I'm waiting on the flywheel to get machined. She only has a little over 19k on her. I know what some will say but I replaced a somewhat jumpy original but functional angle drive shortly after getting the car.

Dave B.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    No fun. Don't forget to smear the pivot ball and fill the dust boot with 50/50 red grease and anti seize. That will eliminate a squeaky clutch operation.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

Been recoating the bumper foam while I wait for a few more parts to arrive.

dmclatest.jpg

This may not go with the tittle, but?..

My wife and I go to a fancy seaside restaurant at least twice a month. This place is about an hour away. We almost always go in the D. Last Sunday, we went, but because we had some other business there, we took my truck. Wouldn?t you know it, I parked right by a guy in a Tesla with gull wing doors. I had never seen one before and I was really wishing I drove the D.

My VIN:    nov 81 6900-

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    This may not go with the tittle, but?..

My wife and I go to a fancy seaside restaurant at least twice a month. This place is about an hour away. We almost always go in the D. Last Sunday, we went, but because we had some other business there, we took my truck. Wouldn?t you know it, I parked right by a guy in a Tesla with gull wing doors. I had never seen one before and I was really wishing I drove the D.

guy saw me and went back to get his x so he could take pics....
    Attached Images

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

For those who have not seen it yet:
    https://youtu.be/PbZSDI1onFE
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    For those who have not seen it yet:
    https://youtu.be/PbZSDI1onFE
    Same old ?chop job? on Deloreans. We?ll see if anyone wants a TeslaX in 40 years.

My VIN:    05457

Replaced my Reverse Light Switch

This is now the second time I've had to replace it. The last time I did so was 11 years and 11,000 miles ago. Is that reasonable? This seems like a part that shouldn't wear much as there isn't a lot of reverse driving happening.

I get it typically gets oil logged and shorts, but still, 11,000 miles seems quick. This time I added a crush washer to see if that seals it better in case there was an issue with an little oil leaking.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    Early

Yesterday, I began work on widening my shift hole for the manual shift lever. Looks terrible (wrong tools), but who cares? Nobody will see it!
    IMG_7845.jpg

And today, I got my UN1 case halves and rear cover together. Installed DeLorean MW coupler and DeloreanGo seals and roll pins.
    IMG_7855.jpg

Just some advice for others. If you use Loctite 609 for the bearings, you need to get your case together super quick. I waited too long and it hardened, which caused a bind in one bearing. So I had to take it apart and start over again.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    03572

Car wahed

Well I washed my car yesterday. Something I never do. Now I remember why I never do it......water spots. I usually just hand clean it with spray wash and a towel. Now the extra effort to do the usual wash to remove the water spots. Nothing seems to remove those water spots on the stainless. I use to have a chamois but old age has lost that.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 909 of 921 FirstFirst ... 409 809 859 899 907 908 909 910 911 919 ... LastLast