FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 710 of 920 FirstFirst ... 210 610 660 700 708 709 710 711 712 720 760 810 ... LastLast
Results 7,091 to 7,100 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    All I did was disconnect the center fuel line from the FD, tilt the bottom towards me, put the new o-ring on, and then screwed the FD back into place. I'll double check the vacuum advance. Thanks Dave.
    I pulled out my dwell meter and noticed immediately that the FV wasn't buzzing. I guess replacing the o-ring under the FD fixed an air leak that had gone unnoticed for some time. After re-adjusting the dwell, the engine runs great. I now wonder if that o-ring was the reason why my car always failed smog, even with the dwell reading being within range.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

When I got my performance shock kit, the white plastic gaskets that go between the rear spring cup and the shock collar were missing. Not sure if it was a later development as I got the new version just after they were available. I eventually realized that I was missing them, and got a pair. Today I removed the shock assemblies to install them.

Other than that, I'm in the middle of an engine rebuild on my daily driver. I stopped by the machine shop and the Hemi heads are coming along nicely:

image.jpg

I can only imagine putting this engine in the DeLorean.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Dana,

Please, please, bring your D to DCS 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    Midproduction

What size spanner tool did you use for the AVO shocks?

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    When I got my performance shock kit, the white plastic gaskets that go between the rear spring cup and the shock collar were missing. Not sure if it was a later development as I got the new version just after they were available. I eventually realized that I was missing them, and got a pair. Today I removed the shock assemblies to install them.

Other than that, I'm in the middle of an engine rebuild on my daily driver. I stopped by the machine shop and the Hemi heads are coming along nicely:

image.jpg

I can only imagine putting this engine in the DeLorean.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I think I see a spot of dirt on the underside of the car, Dana....better get on that
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Dana,

+1

It would be awesome to meet Dana and see his car in person.

My VIN:    Between VINs

Removed the dead pedal so I have somewhere to stuff my size 14 feet.

Was looking at my box of spare parts. The original speedo has "bounces at 70mph" written on it. Is that a normal issue? Can I send it to a vendor to be tested and fixed? Would be happy to ditch the 170mph speedo.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Dana,

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    +1

It would be awesome to meet Dana and see his car in person.
    Thanks for the encouragement! I'd love to attend and meet everyone, but unfortunately, for me, Chicago is quite a hike from here, distance and logistics wise. I guess I missed the DCS in Orlando by one year, as I bought my D in 2013. Perhaps a future DCS will be held in a southern state again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    I think I see a spot of dirt on the underside of the car, Dana....better get on that
    Thanks Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnc View Post
    What size spanner tool did you use for the AVO shocks?
    Hi there,
    I didn't actually use a spanner. When I installed the shocks a couple years ago, I relieved the tension on the adjuster ring with spring compressors before moving it to fine tune the ride height. This way, it moved by hand and I didn't risk scratching the anodized finish off the ring. Also when I installed the gasket rings, I didn't move the adjustment rings as they were right where I wanted them. Instead, I removed the shock assembly, lifted the spring and cup off, installed the white gasket, and reinstalled the spring and cup again. It only took 20 minutes per side.

However, these AVO shocks are also designed to use a spanner to adjust them quickly. I see that DeLorean Go has a product:

https://www.deloreango.com/us/rear-s...er-wrench.html

Also, with the white gaskets in place, I'm sure they would mitigate/eliminate any damage to the adjustment ring.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 01-07-2018 at 08:47 PM.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Also, with the white gaskets in place, I'm sure they would mitigate/eliminate any damage to the adjustment ring.
    That gasket is probably nylon to also reduce the friction when you need to adjust the ride height.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10201

I changed my oil without spilling any on the floor or overflowing onto the valve cover.

Page 710 of 920 FirstFirst ... 210 610 660 700 708 709 710 711 712 720 760 810 ... LastLast