FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 907 of 920 FirstFirst ... 407 807 857 897 905 906 907 908 909 917 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,070 of 9197

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    03500

Had my new hankook tires mounted today.
    All in all not to bad. Had to post some pics of the weights. I was a little worried about how many they would take. I think one of my rims probably broke the record with absolutely no weights. I never seen a perfect wheel balance.
    The wheels were perfectly clean so you can probably tell they had a little struggle.

Dave B.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    #2860

Club(s):   (PNDC)

First bath of the year after spending a winter in the garage for an ECU upgrade!

PXL_20230427_004555662.jpg

My VIN:    4266, Previously 11056

Installed new door struts, LED door lights and an air filter today. Also met up with a local Bricklin while out for a cruise.

So a super car show today. This year they gave me top billing. (Parking me with the big boys) Again, I was the only Delorean.

070D0C1B-F783-4584-856B-86DD7BB0E92B.jpg

0D4C10E1-9FBC-481C-8119-20D1F1D7FB6F.jpg

788B35DF-ED6E-4638-BA2D-0A2F01523D05.jpg

They gave me plenty of space. Not sure if it was the value of the car or they know how I drive. Lol.

09CE639E-6AFB-48D4-B1D9-7A15268C14A1.jpg

It was fun and I also got to shop some waterfront property.

6C631187-3AF5-41DD-BB7B-DDB209D2FD6C.jpg
    Last edited by Helirich; 04-29-2023 at 10:42 PM.

My VIN:    03572

I was demonstrating my third brake light to an owner today and it did not work. Turns out the brake light switch closes with somewhere between 200 ohms to 10 ohms most of the time and only rarely will is get zero ohms. The switch was the first thing I replaced when I got my car 15 years ago because it was bad. Now this NOS one has gone bad so I'm going to try another manufacture for a new switch. I know these switches are very cheap but they should not fail like this especially using LEDs (under 2 amps).
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    6095

Hello everyone! I just bought 6095 which apparently nobody has any record of. It was bought by a holding company in 1983 and has been in storage since 1991. I'm only the second owner. It's not in terrible shape but just needs a lot of engine work to replace original components.

I've got one question (for now). My doors look like a bad art project (see picture). What is up with the paper and the foam sticking out? Did someone do a poor job reattaching the door panel? Both sides look like this. IMG_8079.jpg

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by paullckby View Post
    Hello everyone! I just bought 6095 which apparently nobody has any record of. It was bought by a holding company in 1983 and has been in storage since 1991. I'm only the second owner. It's not in terrible shape but just needs a lot of engine work to replace original components.

I've got one question (for now). My doors look like a bad art project (see picture). What is up with the paper and the foam sticking out? Did someone do a poor job reattaching the door panel? Both sides look like this. IMG_8079.jpg
    Congrats on your purchase!

That foam is completely normal, part of the lower door panel. I think it is there to reduce rattle noise. The paper might be the edge of the plastic vapor barrier. From the factory there was a barrier between the door panel and the door internals. Mine was removed by a previous owner so I've never seen it in person, I think at this point most have had that removed.

The point is, this looks stock to me. These cars were assembled mostly by hand in the factory by people who hadn't built cars before. There are fit and finish issues on almost every one of them in different locations. Gives them character!
    Last edited by DavidProehl; 05-09-2023 at 05:44 PM.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    6095

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Congrats on your purchase!

That foam is completely normal, part of the lower door panel. I think it is there to reduce rattle noise. The paper might be the edge of the plastic vapor barrier. From the factory there was a barrier between the door panel and the door internals. Mine was removed by a previous owner so I've never seen it in person, I think at this point most have had that removed.

The point is, this looks stock to me. These cars were assembled mostly by hand in the factory by people who hadn't built cars before. There are fit and finish issues on almost every one of them in different locations. Gives them character!
    Thanks for letting me know it's normal! I have to take the door panels off to replace the window motors (they kinda make a noise and do nothing) so soon it will likely be gone like everyone else's.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Guy came up to me today, explained he had various JZD books, poster, etc etc, real "true believer" type. He was in his 50s had been a fan of the car forever. I let him sit in the car, and he broken into tears.

Pretty sure I'm not the only one this has happened to.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I was demonstrating my third brake light to an owner today and it did not work. Turns out the brake light switch closes with somewhere between 200 ohms to 10 ohms most of the time and only rarely will is get zero ohms. The switch was the first thing I replaced when I got my car 15 years ago because it was bad. Now this NOS one has gone bad so I'm going to try another manufacture for a new switch. I know these switches are very cheap but they should not fail like this especially using LEDs (under 2 amps).
    Got a new brake light switch and tested it and got poor resistance on the new one also. Lucky I could open this one up and shoot some solvent on the contacts and that fixed it. Solid zero ohms every time. Must have had some grease on the contacts.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 907 of 920 FirstFirst ... 407 807 857 897 905 906 907 908 909 917 ... LastLast