FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 770 of 920 FirstFirst ... 270 670 720 760 768 769 770 771 772 780 820 870 ... LastLast
Results 7,691 to 7,700 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Tightened the serpentine belt to cure the a/c squeal, aired up the tires, and went for a drive. Got a thumbs up from a Miata driver and a near-collision from a Corolla. Gonna make sure my dashcam is working. Louder horns are on their way to me in the mail.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    3294

What is the reason for replacing the shroud?
    When I replaced the radiator I did the fans at the same time, but I reused the shroud, cleaned it up and it looked fine to me.
    My original shroud was broken in two places. It worked fine, but I had heard so much praise for the DPI fans and the DeloreanGo fans, that I decided to bite the bullet and go with the DeloreanGo fans. In hindsight, I'd probably do what you did and just replace the fans and not the shroud.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    3937

Spring work prep

The garage is almost warm enough to get working again. It's been a loooong, cold winter here.

The fuel lines are the main focus. The TABs, engine mounts and transmission mounts will likely wait until the car is on a lift. And she's getting new tires in the near future too. Giddyup!

IMG_5605.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The garage is almost warm enough to get working again. It's been a loooong, cold winter here.

The fuel lines are the main focus. The TABs, engine mounts and transmission mounts will likely wait until the car is on a lift. And she's getting new tires in the near future too. Giddyup!

IMG_5605.jpg
    Jonathan,

This looks like one of our line kits in the top right corner. I see the distinct 180 for the freq valve and custom adapter fitting we manufacture.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Jonathan,

This looks like one of our line kits in the top right corner. I see the distinct 180 for the freq valve and custom adapter fitting we manufacture.
    It sure is, Josh. I got it a season or two ago from a forum member selling it. He got the kit but then decided to go EFI and so didn't end up needing it. I couldn't believe how nice it looked when it arrived. 'Pretty' might not be a typical word to describe car parts, but it fits in this case. Really looking forward to seeing it installed on the car. Dana posted a great explanation of how he swapped over his frequency valve to the new lines and I'll do something similar for my own car.

The black hose came from Midwest years ago and is to replace the hardline that goes from the accumulator to the filter. Mine got twisted in around 2010 when the accumulator got replaced and so we cut out the short section with the pinhole leak and put in a piece of fuel line hose with clamps to fix it. This hose is the more long term solution.

And the last piece I was waiting for on the TABs set is your SS brackets that are on their way. Slight detour through family members in Florida to be brought home in early April. I'd have shipped it direct but the customs fees and whatnot are just brutal coming into Canada via Fed-Ex and UPS. The Snowbird delivery service is much more reasonable

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    It sure is, Josh. I got it a season or two ago from a forum member selling it. He got the kit but then decided to go EFI and so didn't end up needing it. I couldn't believe how nice it looked when it arrived. 'Pretty' might not be a typical word to describe car parts, but it fits in this case. Really looking forward to seeing it installed on the car. Dana posted a great explanation of how he swapped over his frequency valve to the new lines and I'll do something similar for my own car.

The black hose came from Midwest years ago and is to replace the hardline that goes from the accumulator to the filter. Mine got twisted in around 2010 when the accumulator got replaced and so we cut out the short section with the pinhole leak and put in a piece of fuel line hose with clamps to fix it. This hose is the more long term solution.

And the last piece I was waiting for on the TABs set is your SS brackets that are on their way. Slight detour through family members in Florida to be brought home in early April. I'd have shipped it direct but the customs fees and whatnot are just brutal coming into Canada via Fed-Ex and UPS. The Snowbird delivery service is much more reasonable
    Yes! We shipped that order to Florida for you early this week. If you can please PM us with who the lines came from. This way we can update the product warranty card to you from the previous owner. Thanks!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Safety upgrade:

Hella Supertone horns.jpg
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Sonic Disruptors?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    Between VINs

Train horn?

My VIN:    5312

Planning a trip into the vod this weekend to clean, replace a temp sensor and check it out. First time, wish me luck
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Page 770 of 920 FirstFirst ... 270 670 720 760 768 769 770 771 772 780 820 870 ... LastLast