FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 784 of 920 FirstFirst ... 284 684 734 774 782 783 784 785 786 794 834 884 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,840 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Well, this past April marked a major Milestone in my Delorean Ownership.
    25 years!!!! the Silver Stainless Anniversary. In celebration of that momentous occasion, last Fall I decided it was finally time for some long overdue TLC work to be done at DMCMW over the winter. It was the first time I’ve ever let anyone else work on it. Today was pickup day. It got a new lease on life. It had been plagued with a bad driver side head gasket for years, it seeped on the outer edge. So knowing It needed new Head gaskets, I opted to go the Stage ll route.

On the more funny(Embarrassing) side. When I went to back out of the shop, I stepped on the brake pedal and commenced to grind the gears. It seems My left foot forgot there was a clutch pedal after 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats Dennis! 25 years is quite an accomplishment. That's also great about the stage II upgrade, if there is anyone I'd trust working on my car it's the fine crew over at DMCMW. I'm actually heading there tomorrow to have my A/C recharged. If I wasn't on such a time crunch I'd try to stop by when I'm passing through. I can't make the open house this year, but sometime this summer it would be great to get some WI DeLorean owners together. There are a few other local guys that are trying to put something together... We're only about an hour north of you.

My VIN:    04629

New Skins

Today I took my car off the winter hibernation jacks. As during my pre-season checks I found 1/2 doz. sidewall cracks in both my rear tires.

My inner voice said, "we're not running on those tires this year!" So a friend of mine from Pep Boys found me a set of 'Futura' tires that fit great & drive well. ( I love wearing-off those little sprues from new tire manufacture)

Anyway car is running great, could use one can of R12, so compressor doesn't cycle too much, otherwise all is good.

Feels great driving my beauty again, couldn't help but notice all those people "breaking their necks" to look at my car. lol!

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    Today I took my car off the winter hibernation jacks. As during my pre-season checks I found 1/2 doz. sidewall cracks in both my rear tires.

My inner voice said, "we're not running on those tires this year!" So a friend of mine from Pep Boys found me a set of 'Futura' tires that fit great & drive well. ( I love wearing-off those little sprues from new tire manufacture)

Anyway car is running great, could use one can of R12, so compressor doesn't cycle too much, otherwise all is good.

Feels great driving my beauty again, couldn't help but notice all those people "breaking their necks" to look at my car. lol!
    Im up here in Bloomington for work this week and am SOOOO jealous of how nice the roads are here. Wish Virginia had good roads, they work on them 24/7 but they are trash. half the time i cant tell if my delorean is falling apart or its the roads, then i get in my normal car and am like yeah...roads
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    04629

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Im up here in Bloomington for work this week and am SOOOO jealous of how nice the roads are here, like yeah...roads
    Enjoy your visit and the roads there. We have two seasons here...Winter & Construction! When the ground quits freezing, the 'Orange Barrels' show up and the city and state feverishly try to make the roads better until Winter arrives again.

I seek out less traveled roads that are in pretty good shape, so I don't look like a drunk driver avoiding chuckholes!

My VIN:    4665

Spent this weekend BKF'ing the car as prep for a car show next weekend. Did the car 2 times. 9 microfiber cloths later, I'm done. If I did it a 3rd time I probably still could have pulled more ick out of the grain, but stopped at 2. I think from now on, I'm going to maintain by using the C.Bennett's technique of Griot's Oil and Grease remover and spray bottle of dish washing soap.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Did some cleanup to my newly installed EFI system and refurbished the intake and throttle assembly.

Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

The odometer turned over 80,000 miles on the way to work this morning.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    03572

Took the D to the grocery store just now. The engine is skipping mostly when the engine is loaded during acceleration. It did it cold and hot so I suspect it's a problem in ignition. I checked the dwell anyway because I did try another RPM relay in my car a few days ago. The dwell is working fine. I've never had a skipping problem with my D as long as I've owned it. Maybe a critter chewed up some wiring. Will work on it soon.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Did some cleanup to my newly installed EFI system and refurbished the intake and throttle assembly.

Beautiful!

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Took the D to the grocery store just now. The engine is skipping mostly when the engine is loaded during acceleration. It did it cold and hot so I suspect it's a problem in ignition. I checked the dwell anyway because I did try another RPM relay in my car a few days ago. The dwell is working fine. I've never had a skipping problem with my D as long as I've owned it. Maybe a critter chewed up some wiring. Will work on it soon.
    Well today I checked the fuel pump current at 6.3 amps. engine off so that looks fine. Since I was in the washer bottle area I though maybe a connector for the fuel pump wire got moved.

I then put a spare ignition ECU replacing the bolted one and test drove at no change (still skipping under load).

I then pulled the plugs and gaped them at less than 0.030" but more than 0.025". I had them gaped at almost 0.040". That really helped with almost no skip under load but I still think really heavy load it may still have an occasional skip. So it looks like I need to replace the distributor cap and rotor next.

Any other ideas before I order a new cap and rotor?
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 784 of 920 FirstFirst ... 284 684 734 774 782 783 784 785 786 794 834 884 ... LastLast