FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 846 of 920 FirstFirst ... 346 746 796 836 844 845 846 847 848 856 896 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,460 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5312

Was in San Diego this week for work. Stopped by DMC huntington beach to say hey to Danny and Cameron, buy a few things and just see the shop, its been awhile since i have been there. Then i went to lotus prepared by Claudius to get some parts for my Esprit S2. it was a good week.
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    5999

Subwoofer

I've been running with the DMC subwoofer box for a while now. It does a pretty good job for an 8", but I've been wanting to go bigger. 10" is about big as you can fit in the storage compartment lid, so I built this new speaker frame to fit in that spot. It sounds pretty good, but it would sound even better if I could figure out a way to seal off the storage compartment. If you take a close look, the storage compartment is not air tight. It actually opens up into the electrical compartment that contains the ECU, and up into the side panel that holds the 4x10 speaker. For now, I've just stuffed the compartment with some polyfill for extra dampening. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has a good idea.

IMG_0749.jpgIMG_0750.jpgIMG_0751.jpg

My VIN:    #1550

Installed shifterplate and poured epox resin into letters

I bought a stainless stell shifter plate from a supplier in Germany. The letters DMC were - different to the plates from DMOCO cut out so I filled them up with blue dyed epoxy resin and put a LED backlight from a LCD display behind it. I used the power supply of the automatic shifter plate whic was tehre but unused on my manually shifted car.
    It took some time to mechanically adjust, but now it works fine. I hope you like it too

IMG_20200919_165720[1].jpgIMG_20200919_165744[1].jpgIMG_20200920_163136[1].jpg]

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by larsmhh View Post
    I bought a stainless stell shifter plate from a supplier in Germany. The letters DMC were - different to the plates from DMOCO cut out so I filled them up with blue dyed epoxy resin and put a LED backlight from a LCD display behind it. I used the power supply of the automatic shifter plate whic was tehre but unused on my manually shifted car.
    It took some time to mechanically adjust, but now it works fine. I hope you like it too

IMG_20200919_165720[1].jpgIMG_20200919_165744[1].jpgIMG_20200920_163136[1].jpg]
    I approve. I had a similar one I did myself with red acrylic but no backlight.

My VIN:    5510

I've officially started work on assembling the frame! I've only got a handful of parts at this point, but tonight I was able to get the body bolt brackets onto the frame (this is the stainless steel frame from DPI, they are bolted on brackets rather than welded on), which was actually a giant PITA! The bolts go from inside the frame out, and the front brackets in particular, which are between the gear selector and fuel tank, doesn't have any hole big enough to get my hand through. I was able to get it with a tool I bought last week, a Ryobi One+ ratchet, various short socket extensions, and a universal joint. After getting them situated with the same spacing as my existing frame, I torqued them down and put the fuel tank and closing plate on. Oddly, the front bolts for the frame aren't threaded, and are definitely larger than M6 like the existing bolts, so I need to investigate what to do there (I'm sure its fine without them).

The parts I sent off for zinc plating should be back soon, and I'm working on finding a place to powder coat a handful of parts (~30 pieces). I've received two quotes so far - both for the ~$1k range, which kind of blows my mind. I was able to do zinc plating for $325 for like 200 pieces, and was expecting to be able to powder coat all of these for roughly the same amount. They want $250-$350 just for the calipers!

My VIN:    5510

Just picked up all the items sent off for zinc plating - DAMN it's awesome!! They look so good!!!

20200929_221623.jpg

Total came out to like $350 after tax, and it was well worth it. I also found a place to do powder coating, they are right across the street from the zinc plating place, and they quoted me $350 to powder coat everything (brake calipers, rear cross bar, sway bar, dust shields, knuckles, hub carriers, upper control arms, and a handful of brackets). Those should come back by the 9th, and then I've decided to take a week off from work to get the frame put back together - or at least, as much as possible. Since the powder coating place has a lot of suspension parts, I won't

In other news - my wife and I put in an offer on a house in Ellensburg, WA this past weekend and it was just accepted... It has a 30'x60' shop!! That's really going to make my life working on the DeLorean a whole lot easier. In addition to the two car garage on the house, I'll now have two large bays - one of which will eventually get a 2 post lift - plus ample space for work benches, a proper press, drill press, maybe even a small lathe and milling machine, plus a 3d printer, powder coating oven, and anything else I can think of. Not being limited to a two car garage is going to be life changing!!

My VIN:    6409

Club(s):   (DOC-UK) (DOI)

Lovely stuff, always nice to get to that point where the shiny stuff can go back on!
    only from the past can we choose the correct path for the future...

My VIN:    3752

Today I installed a new idle speed motor, and it seems to have fixed a rough and hunting idle issue I've had. The new one is a lot slimmer, so it doesn't fit in the bracket, so I'm just running it without the bracket for now. Seems OK so far.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Nioreh View Post
    Today I installed a new idle speed motor, and it seems to have fixed a rough and hunting idle issue I've had. The new one is a lot slimmer, so it doesn't fit in the bracket, so I'm just running it without the bracket for now. Seems OK so far.
    I have been running without the bracket for many years now.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    1983 canadian model

Congrat on your new place CyberBill!
    It’s really makes all the difference to have some room when working on car. I have a small garage but had a chance to get a speedyLift recently on sale at canadian tire, and it just wonderfull to work now.

Enjoy

Page 846 of 920 FirstFirst ... 346 746 796 836 844 845 846 847 848 856 896 ... LastLast