FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 910 of 920 FirstFirst ... 410 810 860 900 908 909 910 911 912 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,100 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Well I washed my car yesterday. Something I never do. Now I remember why I never do it......water spots. I usually just hand clean it with spray wash and a towel. Now the extra effort to do the usual wash to remove the water spots. Nothing seems to remove those water spots on the stainless. I use to have a chamois but old age has lost that.
    Ugh I feel this deeply. We have very hard water in my town and I washed the car one time with it. Hot vinegar will do a lot to remove the spots but may not be totally perfect. I had to take a few off with a blending pad. Since then I have installed a water softener in the house and only wash the car with a hose hooked directly to it, no more problems.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    03572

Got my car running good (knock on wood). I think the problem was a bug in my lambda ECU software but I did other software improvements in it also.

Anyway my car has a vibration (sounds like the dash is vibrating) under heavy load (hard acceleration or going up hill). I think I will first empty my glove box and test, then I think I can use some sand bag weights to determine if and where the dash need work.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Found and fixed one of the vibrations I'm getting with hard acceleration (worst in third gear). My ECU metal plate (holds the three ECUs) was only held down by one screw. The others had to cut off a long time ago. I now have it screwed down with three screws.

But still have a vibration which sounds like behind the driver. Thinking it is my sun shield. I think I need to adjust the latch tighter so it takes a little down force to lock closed.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    6095

Today I put the carpeting into the trunk. I got them from DeLoreanGo and they didn't quite fit exactly. I had to cut them a little bit ultimately around where the door strut attaches and along one of the edges that was very off. But, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

71228809941__4A5D5C78-18E5-4A73-927D-DC1A2A8F8457.jpg

Earlier in this thread I asked about why the seam between the door and the door panel looked all janky. It was not made janky at the factory. It was someone who did a poor job reassembling the door panels and all the stuff poking through was disintegrating duct tape.

My VIN:    4328

Quote Originally Posted by paullckby View Post
    Today I put the carpeting into the trunk. I got them from DeLoreanGo and they didn't quite fit exactly. I had to cut them a little bit ultimately around where the door strut attaches and along one of the edges that was very off. But, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

71228809941__4A5D5C78-18E5-4A73-927D-DC1A2A8F8457.jpg

Earlier in this thread I asked about why the seam between the door and the door panel looked all janky. It was not made janky at the factory. It was someone who did a poor job reassembling the door panels and all the stuff poking through was disintegrating duct tape.
    That's how mine is also, I believe it's factory and just has not held up over time

Well I washed my car yesterday. Something I never do. Now I remember why I never do it......water spots. I usually just hand clean it with spray wash and a towel. Now the extra effort to do the usual wash to remove the water spots. Nothing seems to remove those water spots on the stainless. I use to have a chamois but old age has lost that.
    Just tried FORMULA 409 spray cleaner and it seems to remove water spots from glass and even helps lessen the spots on the SS.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Softened water (or rain water) is a must ... in the shade. I use a squeegee to remove the water and then towel it. Something you could try on the spots is CLR given that the spots are likely Calcium. Vinegar might work as well. Good luck.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I recently got a 3d printer and been having a blast. Made a few things:

New latch cover for the glove box since my old one kept popping off (never mind the taped up kneepad). latch.jpg

Made a pair of A/C vent caps. bracket.jpg

Made a couple brackets for the door switches for extra strength. bracket1.jpg bracket2.jpg

A blanking cap for the passenger side door. cap.jpg

Alignment plate for the console switches so they don't bottom out and bind. buttons.jpg

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    I recently got a 3d printer and been having a blast. Made a few things:

New latch cover for the glove box since my old one kept popping off (never mind the taped up kneepad). latch.jpg

Made a pair of A/C vent caps. bracket.jpg

Made a couple brackets for the door switches for extra strength. bracket1.jpg bracket2.jpg

A blanking cap for the passenger side door. cap.jpg

Alignment plate for the console switches so they don't bottom out and bind. buttons.jpg
    Really impressive.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    4665

Really impressive. Would you be willing to share the .stl files used? If not all, please consider sharing out the one for the door switches. As you are aware, that bezel is a great solution for that area.

Page 910 of 920 FirstFirst ... 410 810 860 900 908 909 910 911 912 ... LastLast