FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 819 of 920 FirstFirst ... 319 719 769 809 817 818 819 820 821 829 869 919 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,190 of 9196

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Waiting some busy work parts for the car. new belts, switch alignment panel finally, and the co plug for the 4th time lol
    Saw this and wanted to ask about replacing your CO plug for the 4th time. Did you lose a few before this or did they wear out?

I ask because I replaced mine a second time and it was because the little rubber end got dried out and wouldn't really sit tight and snug anymore. Had been curious if others found the same thing, so when I saw you mention it, figured I would ask the group.

Anyone found a suitable and simple replacement for the rubber end other than just buying a new one all together? (and I don't mean using a wad of chewing gum or RTV...)

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Saw this and wanted to ask about replacing your CO plug for the 4th time. Did you lose a few before this or did they wear out?

I ask because I replaced mine a second time and it was because the little rubber end got dried out and wouldn't really sit tight and snug anymore. Had been curious if others found the same thing, so when I saw you mention it, figured I would ask the group.

Anyone found a suitable and simple replacement for the rubber end other than just buying a new one all together? (and I don't mean using a wad of chewing gum or RTV...)
    I've used a simple vacuum cap/tip for the last few years. Parts stores carry an assortment of them.

IMG_20200104_160808.jpg
    Last edited by bytes311; 03-12-2020 at 05:55 PM.

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Reinstalled the Wings-Aloft-Elite. The remote start is so fun. Now if I could figure out why the wiring to the driver side door lock solenoid isn't working......

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I put my old girl back together on Wednesday evening and fired the engine. She's running well with the exception of either air in the cooling system or a dead otterstat (jumped and confirmed fans worked). I'll finish bleeding the cooling system tomorrow or sunday to see if that resolves the Otterstat not kicking on.

2020-03-11 17.44.37.jpg
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

Honestly I woudl say its both. My first and 2nd ones, the rubber wore down. I dont even drive my car alot, so no idea. The rubber wore down then after a short trip i parked her. Next week i went to the car and noticed it was gone. This time i remember checking the engine bay and it was there( i always do before a drive), got back and its gone again. I think the rubber wars down and it can become loose. Some people plug it with a golfball tee. If this new one disappears again, Ill be rubber coatign a golf tee and doing the same thing tbh.
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    5625

Honestly I woudl say its both. My first and 2nd ones, the rubber wore down. I dont even drive my car alot, so no idea. The rubber wore down then after a short trip i parked her. Next week i went to the car and noticed it was gone. This time i remember checking the engine bay and it was there( i always do before a drive), got back and its gone again. I think the rubber wars down and it can become loose. Some people plug it with a golfball tee. If this new one disappears again, Ill be rubber coatign a golf tee and doing the same thing tbh.
    Yeah....I just replaced mine as well due to the rubber hardening. If I have to do it again I may just go to Home Depot and look for a small rubber cork. Either that or an expandable ear plug.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Yeah....I just replaced mine as well due to the rubber hardening. If I have to do it again I may just go to Home Depot and look for a small rubber cork. Either that or an expandable ear plug.
    I’ve seen wooden golf tees used as well. Seems to work.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Good thinking. I like this one. Will have to try one seeing as I have a drawer full of earplugs handy...

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5312

Took my original 39 year old tires and rims off to be refinished! I am going with the oem style grey with a brushed face.23735.jpg
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Took my original 39 year old tires and rims off to be refinished! I am going with the oem style grey with a brushed face.23735.jpg
    I helped!

Page 819 of 920 FirstFirst ... 319 719 769 809 817 818 819 820 821 829 869 919 ... LastLast