FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 809 of 809 FirstFirst ... 309 709 759 799 807 808 809
Results 8,081 to 8,083 of 8083

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    If it doesnt have a name yet, I'm calling it the box of misery. Thankfully the other side doesn't have any visible peeling epoxy.

That's pretty damn clean looking if you ask me.

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    That's pretty damn clean looking if you ask me.
    Yeah overall its in pretty good condition. However, I'm tossing the towel now, found out it wouldnt be too expensive to get it sandblasted.

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Yeah overall its in pretty good condition. However, I'm tossing the towel now, found out it wouldnt be too expensive to get it sandblasted.
    Many years ago (before the internet :-) I had the frame sandblasted due to rust. The PO drove it year round in MN. What I found was that the epoxy was very hard to remove epoxy where it was still in good shape. The problem areas are where rocks chip it and flexing causes cracks. So I didn't remove all the epoxy ... only the problem areas. The area down the central tunnel was as nice as the day it was made. The trailing arms were swiss cheese ... and so were a few parts of the frame.

A lot more is known now than when I did it, but back then I had it zinc chromated and then powder coated. The first layer was a zinc rich epoxy. The second was the color coat ... and since he put on the wrong color (black), the third layer (gray) was added.

And it doesn't see snow/salt any more. I did drive it once in the snow before restoration. Good traction like a front wheeled car. Poor steering, much worse than a normal rear wheel drive, due to the light front end.

That is "What have you done to your DeLorean today ... a while back"
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

Page 809 of 809 FirstFirst ... 309 709 759 799 807 808 809