FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 226 of 920 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 726 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 9197

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    VIN 04516

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Master and slave clutch cylinders replaced

4516 was a bit soft on the clutch pedal. Checked underneith and saw the clutch master cylinder a bit "wheepy". Replaced both cylinders. The D is feeling much better. :-D

~Roland

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

Finished replacing the accumulator and took it out for the first drive of the year! After driving my 928 for the last month, the DMC feels like a donkey-cart....still brings lots of smiles though!!!

My VIN:    05457

Installed an idler pulley bearing I've had in a box for a while, I was getting a high pitch squeal from the old one so I figured it was time. Should have replaced both when I did the other one previously, but didn't have the right tools at the time so had to wait until now.
    David Proehl

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Went to do an inventory of needed parts to refresh my fuel pump. Decided against my better (short-term) financial judgement to just get the new pump combo unit. Check your email, Midwest folks...

Started planning my garage overhaul to make more room for tools and supplies. Since buying the D my storage needs have certainly ballooned from a screwdriver and a weed whacker...
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I continued headliner repairs and found the source of my cooling fan failure. Also discovered one of my dash lights was flickering because the bulb went bad, found another bad LED too. Time to order more.

My VIN:    1374

Today I reassembled everything from the tank (freshly steam cleaned) back to the engine on my car. New fuel pump and soft lines, pick up filter, and wiring. I pulled and installed a new accumulator and replaced the fuel filter. The accumulator went well....THAT F'N fuel filter was another story. Who on earth put that damn thing there? I also ziptied the fuel and water lines away from the exhaust manifolds. 4.5 hours of work in on the D today. Felt good, now my arm hurts.
    A can of worms doesn't open itself.

Patrick Maruska Seattle WA USA.

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    I continued headliner repairs and found the source of my cooling fan failure. Also discovered one of my dash lights was flickering because the bulb went bad, found another bad LED too. Time to order more.
    Clint,
    What was the source of your cooling fan failure?

My VIN:    6313

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Continued body work on the lower engine lid, I really hope the reinforcements last and dont crack again.
    Can you say more about the reinforcements you put in?

I've been thinking about an AL bar (1/8in) across the back of the engine cover between the brackets. Painted black and bolted through to the engine side if the cover. The goal being to counteract rt he bend when the cover is suspended on the point in the middle.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    Can you say more about the reinforcements you put in?

I've been thinking about an AL bar (1/8in) across the back of the engine cover between the brackets. Painted black and bolted through to the engine side if the cover. The goal being to counteract rt he bend when the cover is suspended on the point in the middle.
    That's what I did, except I put it almost all the way across on the back side (else I'd post a pic) and used pop rivets (better hold and harder to see).

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Took 2743 for an short evening drive to return DVDs.

Combination of no inst cluster lights and nasty burning smell forced a hasty retreat. Noted that the lighting rheostat was too hot to touch. Not good. Spent a fraught 15 minutes after shutting her off watching in case of spontaneous combustion.

Assuming that the rheostat is the culprit, I think I will be decommissioning it and using a 3-way jumper instead. $100 for a replacement seems pointless for a feature I don’t need anyway.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 226 of 920 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 726 ... LastLast