FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 679 of 920 FirstFirst ... 179 579 629 669 677 678 679 680 681 689 729 779 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Car look great, I like the way you see the Willwood brake!
    That's an improvement I'd like to do someday
    By the way, the Dodge is also very nice

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Car look great, I like the way you see the Willwood brake!
    That's an improvement I'd like to do someday
    By the way, the Dodge is also very nice
    Thank you and I appreciate that and I got a raise the front end just a little bit because it's a little too low for my liking and the Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker belongs to my wife and I bought her that for Christmas for being so supportive and helping me with all the work on my DeLorean and besides she's a big Gearhead herself and knows a lot about Mopars and does a lot of her own tuning. What her options this car is only 1 of 14 made.
    I still got to get an alignment done but from the little bit I did drive it to get a feel for it this car sticks to the road and when going sharp around the corner there is no body roll at all!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    10201

Noticed my new headlight housings just got cracked.... I'd just like to go a reasonable amount of time without something breaking

Got the ride height how I wanted it and took it to get a 4 wheel alignment and that came out awesome. Too bad they couldn't get the camper on the one side in just a tad bit more but then again it is not adjustable at all from the factory and all the custom stuff from DeLorean performance Industries was able to bring it in close enough but I will say after driving the car all day yesterday it does not pull and drive straight as an arrow! My car is never driven like this ever in it's life probably!

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by cpistocco View Post
    I appreciate the help....BUT the ground going into the radio is fine....
    The ground coming out (to the speakers) is bad....
    Thanks
    Charlie
    As I read the Craig radio schematic, the BLUE & the BLACK wires to the connector are speaker grounds and are connected to the radio chassis ground (they are common with the chassis). These are shared between the speakers (I don't recall if they are shared front/back or right/left. From the circuit's perspective it does not make a difference. As such, you could do some diagnostic work running a wire connected to the radio chassis to the ground of the non-working speaker. If that is in fact the problem, then the speaker should work. Then you can work backwards from the speaker to the radio to see where the problem is. If you reinstalled it with the wire to the chassis it should not be a problem.

You could verify that the chassis and the speaker ground are the same with a VOM set to measure resistance. It should be zero.

Assume that it is not the worst. Assume it is a wiring problem between the radio and the speaker and is not internal to the radio. It could be at the connector (either piece) or could be where the speaker ground wires split. Or it could be a broken wire to the speaker.

That all said, I encourage a second opinion as this is not my field of expertise ... and I'm subject to being wrong without notice But I'm pretty sure of what I wrote.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    10201

Installed the new LED headlights, finally scraped all of the overspray of my windows, and used panel bond to attach stainless bolts to the front spoiler.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Good lord, Christian, your car is CLEAN!

Today I finished putting together the check list for my engine swap.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Good lord, Christian, your car is CLEAN!

Today I finished putting together the check list for my engine swap.
    Thank ya Mike! Hope all thats going well and you can start going through with the build? What are you going to do with tbe Spec 2 parts? Here is 2 other pics i took. Love those machined faced wheels.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I've got the custom mounting parts, flywheel, etc on hand as of a few weeks ago.
    I've put together an end-to-end checklist of everything that I need to do.
    In the next week or two, I'll put the Lotus into storage for the winter, so I can use that space for the engine hoist, stand, and the LS rebuild process
    At that point, I'll purchase the LS motor from a junkyard
    Derrin is coming up from Maryland the last weekend of October, and we'll pull the PRV drive-train and test fit the LS

Then I will be spending the winter making the (minor) necessary modifications to the frame, and rebuilding the LS.

I am targeting June or July for the car to be able to be driven

Once I've got the car driving, I will disassemble the PRV and sell the exhaust, cams, heads, and EFI system. The cams are already spoken for, but everything else will be available, including very nicely powder coated timing and valve covers.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

In a nod to Christian, I put two Atari decals on my ride but that's not the only reason. My love for old school Atari is deep enough that I have a fully working 800 and a 800xl with tons of goodies like a working light pen, graphics tablet, about 200 DOS games on working 5" floppy disks and about 30 cartridge games with literature.

20170909_135304.jpg

attachment-4.jpg

Page 679 of 920 FirstFirst ... 179 579 629 669 677 678 679 680 681 689 729 779 ... LastLast