Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
I spent 3+ hours tonight going through the Millennium Concours judging manual to appraise my car (to the best of my understanding) after almost 2 years of sweating the details since I purchased it from Ben (Soundkillr on DMCTalk) in 2016.

I lost points to things like recovered headliner material not having the accurate grain, a small crack in my ash tray outer rim (also missing inside clip), no hood seal (I chose not to install it for cosmetic reasons), silicone hoses instead of rubber, new non-original compressor and alternator, stainless clutch lines, a small crack on my windshield (bottom LH right), early 00s repainted facias (by previous owner) being glossy instead of matte and an 82 muffler (instead of 81) and a bunch of other small details.

Losing points for things like non-original batteries, struts, oil filters, belt brands, tires and LED bulbs are kinda funny for those of us that actually drive our cars, but I totally appreciate that Concours is all about accuracy.

I’ve been on a mission to achieve near-Concours condition and accuracy but with the benefit of all modern updates being completed to make it a safe, drivable car. The best of both worlds.

As always, there’s a bunch of things to improve here and there, but it’s SO much fun.

Raising a glass to those of you who adore their DeLoreans and love sweating the details.

It's a fun and sobering experience. Here's the link to the website if anyone else wants to put themselves through it…

http://www.deloreanmarquecertification.com

Cheers!

PS. A huge tip of the hat to James Espey and everyone who dedicated their time and energy to create the manual.

How many points do you lose for the BAE?