FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 826 of 920 FirstFirst ... 326 726 776 816 824 825 826 827 828 836 876 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,260 of 9196

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    A few shots of my messy garage and toilet paper collection - oh, and a few quick snaps of the underside of my pride and joy after detailing her today. There’s a couple of minor things to perfect under there, but very proud of the old girl.

Stunning!!! Not many left in that condition.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Stunning!!! Not many left in that condition.
    That's very kind Michael.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    3937

Not at all. My car has always looked like this as far as I'm aware. Danny Botkin and Rob Grady have both worked on the car and have never mentioned it. It's a good observation though and I'll dig into it as I want to make sure it's accurate. Thanks!
    Beauty. For me it's more thinking of it as complete as opposed to perfect. 13 years into ownership and every so often I still find something I hadn't realized was missing on my car or out of place. None of the last few things are crucial, but it's fun figuring out these little trivial details about the cars. Like Indiana Jones in archaeology, except on our cars and not on 1,000 year old buried cities or treasure. Could make us 'DeLarchaeologists' I'd say.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

oh, and a few quick snaps of the underside of my pride and joy after detailing her today.
    Wow. Amazing.

My VIN:    03572

I drove the D today to the post office. I don't drive it much since I retired since I would take it once a week to work. But two things have changed. First is it seems to go into reverse every time now without the need to double clutch. All I can think of that fixed that is when I did the clutch change I found the linkage on the transmission was binding with dried out grease which I fixed by cleaning and re-greasing.

Also shifting into first gear feels like the oil is thick for the first mile or two but then is normal after it warms up. All other gears feel fine during those first few miles. I did not open the transmission or even drain the oil when I replaced the clutch. Only thing I can think of causing that is my car sitting for a month or two.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    4626

Made a 12v Power Bank with Voltmeter

I was going back and forth about replacing my cigarette lighter with either USB or getting the updated Vanagon socket. I had some trouble getting the proper measurements from the vendor selling the new socket, so I decided to make a power bank with a power switch, regular 12v socket, dual USB, and a voltmeter. Cut out some plexiglass and made a box to hold them all. Installed it with a quick disconnect so I can unplug it from the line going to the battery without having to completely remove the wires from the battery. Pretty happy with the result and can finally use my FM transmitter without it flopping around in the OEM cigarette lighter.

Assembly1.jpg
    Assembly2.jpg
    Top shot.jpg
    Installed.jpg

My VIN:    5510

I took my longest drive ever in the DeLorean today... about 10 miles. The trip was from my house to Delorean Service Northwest to drop off the car to get a full inspection and list of items for me to start working on.

My wife followed me and had a really great time telling me about all of the people pointing and smiling as they saw me driving by.

My VIN:    4626

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBill View Post
    I took my longest drive ever in the DeLorean today... about 10 miles. The trip was from my house to Delorean Service Northwest to drop off the car to get a full inspection and list of items for me to start working on.

My wife followed me and had a really great time telling me about all of the people pointing and smiling as they saw me driving by.
    One of the best parts of owning a DeLorean. The smiles!

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBill View Post
    ... all of the people pointing and smiling as they saw me driving by.
    And that is the main reason why DeLoreans make poor get-away cars!
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    5510

Quote Originally Posted by cdmcali View Post
    I was going back and forth about replacing my cigarette lighter with either USB or getting the updated Vanagon socket. I had some trouble getting the proper measurements from the vendor selling the new socket, so I decided to make a power bank with a power switch, regular 12v socket, dual USB, and a voltmeter. Cut out some plexiglass and made a box to hold them all. Installed it with a quick disconnect so I can unplug it from the line going to the battery without having to completely remove the wires from the battery. Pretty happy with the result and can finally use my FM transmitter without it flopping around in the OEM cigarette lighter.
    That looks cool!! Is that CNC cut plexi? My cigar lighter doesn't seem to light up or turn on - but it does seem to be a little shallower than other sockets, do you know if it is a standard part, or specific for the DeLorean?

Page 826 of 920 FirstFirst ... 326 726 776 816 824 825 826 827 828 836 876 ... LastLast