FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 418 of 920 FirstFirst ... 318 368 408 416 417 418 419 420 428 468 518 918 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 9196

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

it was below the first tick (190?) all the way to work this morning, stop and go traffic around 35 minutes, with the AC on MAX, fan speed 2. Roughly 85 outside. Test drive yesterday it barely creeped above it, but we were at 102 or 103.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by alexwolf1216 View Post
    it was below the first tick (190?) all the way to work this morning, stop and go traffic around 35 minutes, with the AC on MAX, fan speed 2. Roughly 85 outside. Test drive yesterday it barely creeped above it, but we were at 102 or 103.
    Much more better - congrats on getting the cooling system sorted

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    The 6th grader across the street asked me if I would take him to school. I did and when we got the there it was empty. He looked at me and in a sad little pout said, "There's nobody here".

So I decided I pick him up. I parked across from the crosswalk where all the kids have to go. He was really happy to see me.

While Parked there a car stopped at the stoplight, the passenger jumped out took a picture then got back in the car.
    Awesome....

My VIN:    4519

David, your amp install is the bomb-diggity....if/when I install an amp, I'm totally copying your install.

Very nice!

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    David, your amp install is the bomb-diggity....if/when I install an amp, I'm totally copying your install.

Very nice!
    Indeed - it's a great looking install all around

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post

Very nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Indeed - it's a great looking install all around
    Thanks guys!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    05287

Need to secure the hardtop a bit better...

So American Canyon, CA / Napa had quite a shake (6.0) over the weekend... This happens to be close to my place. I have an old/ very poor quality IP camera that I just leave running in the garage and it got some interesting footage...

So what I have done today is decided I need make sure my Jeep hardtop doesn't fall onto the car!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckPI...ature=youtu.be

If you have anything hanging over your car, please make sure it is secure.

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by elfking View Post
    So American Canyon, CA / Napa had quite a shake (6.0) over the weekend... This happens to be close to my place. I have an old/ very poor quality IP camera that I just leave running in the garage and it got some interesting footage...

So what I have done today is decided I need make sure my Jeep hardtop doesn't fall onto the car!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckPI...ature=youtu.be

If you have anything hanging over your car, please make sure it is secure.
    Crazy video! Glad it doesn't look like there was any major damage.

I've heard from others in Lodi that felt the quake, but I slept through it. Still haven't been awake to feel a quake since moving here in 2012.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    4494

Club(s):  

Finally tackled the shifter bushings in the manual linkage. Thanks to Ozzie (and Mike) for the great guide on his blog! And since I was in there I gave the shifter assembly a good clean and removed all the 30 year old dirt and grease and other detritus in the frame.

Before and after. Well, almost after. I greased up the shifter after this picture, but then it's harder to see how clean it was :P

gearshift.jpg

My VIN:    3937

Replaced the paper gaskets on the W pipe. I've had the gaskets for a while, originally as part of an order with replacement spark plugs, wires, distributor, etc. Those have never gone in, and the paper gaskets I thought might help at least a little bit in eliminating any remaining sources of unmetered air/vacuum leaks on the car.

Easy job really. Funny how that happens when you finally get to work with some bolts or fasteners that aren't rusty. Noted my deceleration springs look very nice, so that rules out those as another possibility why my idle has been sticky in the past.

I found the torque value in the workshop manual for "Inlet Manifold Fixing Bolts" and figured since there wasn't one specifically for the W pipe, this would due. It called for 9 ft-lb or 14 N-m. There's nothing really unusual about that except the conversion isn't correct. 9 ft-lb equals 12.2 N-m and 14 N-m equals 10.3 ft-lb. Not that big a deal I guess, just odd that they didn't get it right. Must have been the exchange rate or something back then

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 418 of 920 FirstFirst ... 318 368 408 416 417 418 419 420 428 468 518 918 ... LastLast