FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 419 of 920 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 421 429 469 519 919 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 9197

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

I was removing all the loose coating off the rear absorber bar and noticed this marking underneath. . . Is it a quality control mark or maybe just someones initials? Anyone else ever seen this before?

IMAG2051.jpgIMAG2052.jpg
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

My VIN:    05287

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Crazy video! Glad it doesn't look like there was any major damage.

I've heard from others in Lodi that felt the quake, but I slept through it. Still haven't been awake to feel a quake since moving here in 2012.
    I consider myself lucky... Not too much (serious) damage just things being knocked off the walls.. my 12ft x 12ft shed moved 1/4" off its base... Things stored up high fell over etc.. Kitchen cabinets started separating from the wall a tiny bit.. Cracks on the pavement... When looking on either side of my walk ways up and around the house on either side of it now has a gap where the walkway was moving side to side...

All things that are fixable, or probably should have been thrown out / recycled anyways. Much better shape then a lot of other people. We have family in Napa and they have much bigger problems, broken water lines / gas lines, structural damage to the houses etc. Everything in hutches / walls fallen over and broken.. Not good at all.
    Last edited by elfking; 08-28-2014 at 03:28 PM.

My VIN:    3937

Do you mind if we....... park?

This was a 1939 Packard Straight 8 (as opposed to the movie car being a 1948 Packard Custom 8 Victoria), and I was thrilled to see them park beside me at the cruise night tonight.

IMG_3820.jpgIMG_3823.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Testing the fuel accumulator for a hot start issue on 4916.

Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    01955

Verdict Dave?

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Verdict Dave?
    It held 19 in Hg no problem. At Steven and Toby's recommendation I took a look at the PPR and I may have found the problem.

You can see the small black o ring was all cockeyed and deteriorated. Not sure if that little guy can cause a problem or not?

As always both Toby's and the communities support has been phenomenal.

Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by elfking View Post
    I consider myself lucky... Not too much (serious) damage just things being knocked off the walls.. my 12ft x 12ft shed moved 1/4" off its base... Things stored up high fell over etc.. Kitchen cabinets started separating from the wall a tiny bit.. Cracks on the pavement... When looking on either side of my walk ways up and around the house on either side of it now has a gap where the walkway was moving side to side...

All things that are fixable, or probably should have been thrown out / recycled anyways. Much better shape then a lot of other people. We have family in Napa and they have much bigger problems, broken water lines / gas lines, structural damage to the houses etc. Everything in hutches / walls fallen over and broken.. Not good at all.
    Did you really rush out and check that the D was OK in the middle of the quake?

Or did the light come on by itself
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    05287

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Did you really rush out and check that the D was OK in the middle of the quake?

Or did the light come on by itself
    Haha no, the light came in when power came back on for a couple moments. Same with that camera actually not being on a backup battery...

I went in only a few min after it stopped to check for gas/water leaks / damage... But it was 3am so I checked the basics and went back to bed / sat in bed answering about 50 text messages and phone calls from people hah.

Been totally ignorant about a quake and securing things to walls etc.. Lesson surely learned

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This was a 1939 Packard Straight 8 (as opposed to the movie car being a 1948 Packard Custom 8 Victoria), and I was thrilled to see them park beside me at the cruise night tonight.

IMG_3820.jpg
    I like this pic....looks really cool.

My VIN:    First 700

The Green Drip

I spent yesterday cleaning out my garage. I found an old Roxette cassette tape and figured I'd see if my radio actually played them. I started the car up to charge a little since I had it sitting for a few days after another 1,400 mile road trip. After listening to the craig's electronics mangle Joyride, I gave it a little gas and noticed some squeaking from the belts. I got out of the car to find a pool of green under the back and drippings from the water pump. After a closer investigation today it is just a little hole in the hose on the right hand side closest to the pump. Does anyone know a good silicone hose replacement? I looked over at SpecialT since I saw he had some hoses, but I don't know what set to get. Is it just a hose cut to length?

Thanks

Hose_Hole.jpgWater_Pump.jpg

Page 419 of 920 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 421 429 469 519 919 ... LastLast