FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 767 of 920 FirstFirst ... 267 667 717 757 765 766 767 768 769 777 817 867 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,670 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    89°F today. Before a cool front comes in tomorrow I decided to go for a drive and test the a/c. After 20 minutes it was so cold in there I had to turn it down from "Max" to "Norm." (And my wife calls me a "polar bear" because I like the thermostat at 68 at home. LOL) I'd say I'm pretty happy with my new R-134a system. Fan makes a flappy noise, though. I think there's a leaf in there. Gonna pull the fan assembly and clean out the box this weekend.
    I saw your youtube video. Glad to hear that the R-134a taste ok.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    Glad to hear that the R-134a taste ok.
    No, no - it was the PAG oil that tasted awful! LOL
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    No, no - it was the PAG oil that tasted awful! LOL
    That’s true, the gas itself is probably tasteless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    That’s true, the gas itself is probably tasteless.
    It used to be used in asthma inhalers.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Drove 60 miles to Miami and back. First experience driving at highway speeds with the radiator duct installed. Really liking the result.

Had a bit of excitement when a guy in a pristine blue Porsche convertible slowed down passing me so that his passenger could take a photo of my beat up and dirty DMC. Gotta love the world's cheapest exotic car. LOL
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    1596

Club(s):   (DMA)

Got all my parts in from various vendors. Will be replacing all hoses in coolant system, water pump, installing my second-hand Stage I exhaust, and will have fascias repainted along with some other things shortly. From my first experience ordering, Delorean Industries was by far the best experience I had with their knowledge, communication and shipping speed. I ordered some additional parts from them after another vendor told me they didn't have items in stock that I had ordered 11 days prior.

In the meantime, I couldn't wait to make these two small cosmetic changes that make a big difference. The shift knob is beautiful and impossibly heavy. The website photos don't do it justice. In hindsight, I probably could have heated and flattened the Craig surround, but oh well.

DMC.jpg

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by Boxbot View Post
    Got all my parts in from various vendors. Will be replacing all hoses in coolant system, water pump, installing my second-hand Stage I exhaust, and will have fascias repainted along with some other things shortly. From my first experience ordering, Delorean Industries was by far the best experience I had with their knowledge, communication and shipping speed. I ordered some additional parts from them after another vendor told me they didn't have items in stock that I had ordered 11 days prior.

In the meantime, I couldn't wait to make these two small cosmetic changes that make a big difference. The shift knob is beautiful and impossibly heavy. The website photos don't do it justice. In hindsight, I probably could have heated and flattened the Craig surround, but oh well.

DMC.jpg
    Who did you order a shift knob from?
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    17007

Quote Originally Posted by Boxbot View Post

DMC.jpg
    +1 Delorean Industries customer service is second to none and its clear that the detail of there products are meticulous. I mean just the brackets that hold the overflow tank are impressive.

My VIN:    1596

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Who did you order a shift knob from?
    DMCH. The one that arrived is different than the picture, though. It says DMC in the shift pattern, the pattern is etched and the lines aren't as thick as shown. Really nice.

https://store.delorean.com/p-9249-kn...-wpattern.aspx
    Last edited by Boxbot; 03-08-2019 at 05:14 PM.

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Whipped up a set of adjustable rear camber links. 20190308_192450.jpg20190308_172100.jpg20190308_190036.jpg

Page 767 of 920 FirstFirst ... 267 667 717 757 765 766 767 768 769 777 817 867 ... LastLast