FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 557 of 920 FirstFirst ... 57 457 507 547 555 556 557 558 559 567 607 657 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,570 of 9196

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    I had one of those, and it was complete junk IMHO. In the end, I bought a genuine Momo to replace the cheap knockoff.
    I think it depends on which factory in China made it. Some of them are nearly indistinguishable from the genuine Momos. Somewhere around here there is a post comparing the two side-by-side (a knockoff vs. genuine Momo) and they are nearly exact.
    Last edited by Patrick C; 02-13-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    4018

Club(s):   (PNDC)

close up with arrow.jpg

That is an interesting lower door strut connection.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

That's the henninger and associates strut mount.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    That's the henninger and associates strut mount.

Dennis
    WRONG!

I made that bracket using a piece of aluminum, the ball stud from the door, and 4 bolts...
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Here are some pics if anyone's interested...

Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

I finished cleaning all my latches, and reinstalling them. I also eliminated the front lock rods, so the latches only lock at the rear of the doors, and the lock rods don't have to be kept in sync. The danger is you could drive over a bump or do something that would engage a front lock. I made a small modification so the latch never locks:
    LockUnlock.jpg
    Simply wrap some wire around the arm so it is kept in the unlock position:
    DSC_0029.jpg
    After using the door latch and lock adjustment procedure, and testing everything, it appears to be a success.
    More details in my blog post: http://www.16908.info/?p=2843
    ~Eddie, VIN 16908

My VIN:    5180

WRONG!

I made that bracket using a piece of aluminum, the ball stud from the door, and 4 bolts...
    So I stand corrected and vaguely remember seeing that a while back.
    Your 4 bolt method is similar to the henninger bracket with exception of ball stud mounting. So don't be offended if I made a mistake identifying it from the sliver of a view that was being pointed at in the photo.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    So I stand corrected and vaguely remember seeing that a while back.
    Your 4 bolt method is similar to the henninger bracket with exception of ball stud mounting. So don't be offended if I made a mistake identifying it from the sliver of a view that was being pointed at in the photo.

Dennis
    No offense taken!

Why would I be offended if my cheap $50 bracket was mistaken for a $500 piece?

Thank you

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Here are some pics if anyone's interested...

Very nice.

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hello All. Have been out of touch due to some family related events in the past few months. Things have settled to a new norm now, enough that I can focus a bit more on my car hobbies and topics. So with that, this weekend:

a) Finished driver side felt removal, replaced with a "window sweep".
    The idea came from this site (search: felt removal), works great, cost as of this writing was $25 for both doors, but cheapest shipping was $14. The vendor is in Florida so mine were actually delivered the next day(!).

b) Resolved a cold start issue. The last time I turned the ignition off after a drive, instead of the engine dying it sort of accelerated a tad, maybe a half second on its own - so on a follow up start up it would just crank and not turn. I swapped the CSV and WUR, and it started right up. After that swap, with connectors back on the proper configuration, it all started fine again. So either a loose or dirty connection somewhere or a TTS that may be going. (Thanks Dave/Bitsyncmaster for diagnostic tips)

Hmm, not really visible here, but that engine bay and the panels need some detailing work - probably get to that in the coming weeks.

c) Topped off air on tires and ...went for the first drive of the year.

Felt great to be in the D again (..got a thumbs up even before I left the neighborhood!)
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

Page 557 of 920 FirstFirst ... 57 457 507 547 555 556 557 558 559 567 607 657 ... LastLast