FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 669 of 920 FirstFirst ... 169 569 619 659 667 668 669 670 671 679 719 769 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    10201

Pulled out of the parking lot at work and noticed smoke in the engine bay. The alternator belt had started losing teeth. This is my 3rd broken belt of the year, I hope they didn't damage my pulley while doing the crankshaft seal. Anyways thankfully engine wasn't even warm yet so I didn't shoot coolant out.

My VIN:    5470

So I've pulled my speedometer to take some measurements for a GPS upgrade project that I've wanted to do for some time now. I'm not sure if it will ever get done, but I'm going to try. In the meantime I got tired of looking at the blank space in the dash while driving, so I threw the old HUD unit in that location. It fits pretty snug. It can be 'reversed', or should I say 'righted' so that it reads face on.
    IMG_20170706_082827.jpg

Part of this project also included upgrading all the dash lights (except battery) to LED. Love the difference!!

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Speaking of GPS headsup displays ... Years ago I got this one and love it: https://www.amazon.com/Head-Up-Displ...s=gps+heads+up

It is the best upgrade to the car I've made. My speedo is wacko regardless of the components replaced. None-the-less the oem speedometer is awkward to see and the referenced GPS puts a nice display off to the left of the windshield. BTW... there are also the $35'ish heads-up displays available and I have one and never use it. Very dim image and not usable in the daylight. I suppose it could be used in direct view mode positioned on the dash.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Another oil change, now at 66,100 miles.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Front suspension and brake upgrades ade all complete. Now time fo install the new machined faced wheels and adjust ride height

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Amazing set up!
    Are those new disc plug and play with the new caliper?
    What about the break booster, still the same?
    Did you upgrade the rear too?

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Amazing set up!
    Are those new disc plug and play with the new caliper?
    What about the break booster, still the same?
    Did you upgrade the rear too?
    Booster is still the same and the rotors came mounted on a spindle with the new hub along with the Wilwood calipers. Bolts directly up the car with no mods at all. The whole set up is from DPI along with the control arms and support bars which are adjustable also. I refurbed the upper control arms myself and bolted in new ball joints. The rear are new, custom and stock. Factory rebuilt calipers with stainless pistons, adjustable upper links and stainless trailing arms. 4 QA1 adjustable coil over with 16 postion dampeners

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Booster is still the same and the rotors came mounted on a spindle with the new hub along with the Wilwood calipers. Bolts directly up the car with no mods at all. The whole set up is from DPI along with the control arms and support bars which are adjustable also. I refurbed the upper control arms myself and bolted in new ball joints. The rear are new, custom and stock. Factory rebuilt calipers with stainless pistons, adjustable upper links and stainless trailing arms. 4 QA1 adjustable coil over with 16 postion dampeners

Also new rear rotors. Will get vented disc's eventually. Thank you for the kind words bedore and after front and rear

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thank you for your answer

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Thank you for your answer
    Sure no problem.

Page 669 of 920 FirstFirst ... 169 569 619 659 667 668 669 670 671 679 719 769 ... LastLast